Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

97 Ron Into Gt4

gezmeister

Had to fill up with esso Supreme??? today, 97 ron, instead of my preferred v power 100 ron. Will this be ok to run with or do i need to add some octane booster? I will return to v power when i next fill up.

Car is an st185 gt4 import

cheers :D

i used to run mine on 95RON, although i had an e-manage to sort out timing and fueling issues, should be fine to run it mate, so long as your boost isn't too high

Had to fill up with esso Supreme??? today, 97 ron, instead of my preferred v power 100 ron. Will this be ok to run with or do i need to add some octane booster? I will return to v power when i next fill up.

Car is an st185 gt4 import

cheers :D

i havent even seen 100ron in northern ireland. i run my gt four on just 97ron. tried the octane booster stuff and to be honest it made a SLIGHT difference but not enuf to justify puttin it in every time i filled up.

Ive not seen 100ron either.... tesco is the closest @ 99ron..

Is V-Power really 100ron ?

This is what it says on shell's site

Formulated for enhancing power delivery

Shell V-Power is also a high-octane unleaded petrol (99 RON) designed to help maximize the performance of many modern engines. This is aided by Shell V-Power’s Friction ModificationTechnology (FMT) which is formulated to reduce friction between the cylinder and piston rings, a critical area of the engine where lubrication is difficult to achieve. FMT is designed to help the engine turn more freely, and so help transfer energy from the fuel to the wheels more effectively.

But i think they're being modest, i think in tests done its come up to be nearer 100ron than 99ron

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links