Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avenisi 1.8 Gls 1999

adecbr600

Good morning

Can anybody advise me on the following-the rear wiper on my avensis will sometimes have a mind of it's own and will start to work on its own without me switching it on.

Nothing i do stops it and i just have to wait about 20/30 mins before it stops-you feel a bit stupid when its on while the sun is out.Is this a common problem.

Best regards

Ade

faulty switch ?

or bad earth (postive)

I had the same problem and ended up replacing the motor unit. 30 min job. Fixed the problem.

• 1 month later...
faulty switch ?

or bad earth (postive)

I had the same problem and ended up replacing the motor unit. 30 min job. Fixed the problem.

I had the same problem. took the motor out and loads of dirty water poured out! Opened it up, dried it out, re-packed it with grease and greased the shaft where it goes through the rubber grommit in the body work. Now it's as good as new, and no more condensation build up on rear window and inside the brake light unit. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links