Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thermostat On 4y Engine

blade1000

Hi, Can anyone please tell me where the thermostat housing is on the 4y engine, this is my first hiace and it's getting hot on the highway, slow speeds is fine so i'm hoping it's just the thermostat sticking or something simple, the motor was a new short block, has only done 30,000klms

Hi, Can anyone please tell me where the thermostat housing is on the 4y engine, this is my first hiace and it's getting hot on the highway, slow speeds is fine so i'm hoping it's just the thermostat sticking or something simple, the motor was a new short block, has only done 30,000klms

Not sure about your spec, but on ours it is at the end of the top hose, under the housing it attaches to

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Thermostat Housing Repair. Learn how to fix a car's thermostat housing with expert automotive tips in this free online car maintenance and repair

Thermostat

• 1 year later...

its behind the alternator on the RHS of the engine where the bottom radiator pipe goes into the block.A real bugger to loosen the Lhs bolt

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links