Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Orangutans - Toyota Sponsors Wanted

Dutchgirl

Hi Everyone,

As a Prius owner I wanted to practice what I preach about nature conservation and so having a Prius was the best way forward for me and its great. I live In Holland.

However, I did approach our Toyota dealership in Holland and they not only provided me with my new car but the director came to a fund raising evening I had organised to help our 650 orphaned and injured orangutans and is now hooked on a partnership between the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation and Toyota Schagen.

If there are any British Toyota dealers who would like to advertise the Prius in the same way as we are doing in Holland then please get in touch with me on this forum.

If you live in the UK please go to this web site www.savethorangutan.co.uk and donate. If you live in Holland please go to www.primateshelpingprimates.nl and donate in Euros. There you can learn more about the palm oil industry and the connection between that and the future extinction of the orangutans in the wild.

If you are a Prius owner and would like to donate please go to the BOS foundation web site. We have alrady had one donation from this site. Are there any more?

Many thanks

you realise the Prius is one of the most enviromentally unfriendly cars ever made dont you?

From the highly toxic nickel mining that is done to provide the content for the batteries - the fact the build is much longer than normal cars, and that when the car finally dies, you have to ensure the batteries aredisposed of correctely, as unlike nuclear material, it doesnt have a half life and will always be damaging to any enviroment it is put in.

Birth to Death the Prius is one of the most enviromentally damaging cars on sale today (with the exception of the Lexus Hybrids) - so just bear that in mind next time you get that smug feeling from your Prius ;)

I realise this but Id rather do something about it now and with a time life of ten years for my car I would rather hope that the technology will have moved on the problems with the Battery will have been solved.

• 4 weeks later...

I took a different approach and bring new life to old cars so they don't get wasted / scrapped. that means I don't buy new cars and recycle and renovate old bits/cars. I even re-use old tyres for fitness regime programmes.

Know nothing about orangutans, but do know that old tyres are dumped in their millions.

I took a different approach and bring new life to old cars so they don't get wasted / scrapped. that means I don't buy new cars and recycle and renovate old bits/cars. I even re-use old tyres for fitness regime programmes.

Know nothing about orangutans, but do know that old tyres are dumped in their millions.

Well please go to www.savetheorangutan.co.uk and you will see the problems of the orangutans in Borneo - we need all the help we can get and Toyota (Schagen) are sponsoring us. Please adopt an orangutan to help save them from extinction.

By the way I get my new Prius today - it has taken 4 months to come and now the waiting list in Holland is 6 months since I ordered mine.

• 2 weeks later...
you realise the Prius is one of the most enviromentally unfriendly cars ever made dont you?

From the highly toxic nickel mining that is done to provide the content for the batteries - the fact the build is much longer than normal cars, and that when the car finally dies, you have to ensure the batteries aredisposed of correctely, as unlike nuclear material, it doesnt have a half life and will always be damaging to any enviroment it is put in.

Birth to Death the Prius is one of the most enviromentally damaging cars on sale today (with the exception of the Lexus Hybrids) - so just bear that in mind next time you get that smug feeling from your Prius ;)

So I take it my plans for a rotary or 3.0l Prius won't be good at all :lol::lol:

Dutchgirl : good to see that the dealership are supporting you :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links