Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yet More Locking Problems

fibula1

: :unsure: Ok I have read some of the other queries regarding central locking difficulties on my Avensis (2000- GS- 1.8) well heres mine to addto a tale of wo. The doors will not lock with the fob or key but will work with the rocker switch inside the drivers door. I have checked all the relevant fuses and they appear OK . Any ideas? All reciived gratfully

• 3 weeks later...

:(

Hi all , my toyota (2000 model 1.8gs) has seemd to develop a similar problem today with the central locking, although i'm not sure if this is related to the alarm system?

I can arm and disarm the alarm with my keyfob, but the central locking only locks with the keyfob, it will not activate the central locking to lock all doors, i have to manually lock all doors and then arm the alarm with my keyfob. hope this makes sense.

so far i have disconnected the Battery and reconnected it, this made no difference, checked (as in make sure they are not loose) the relays as well as fuses also checked the door switches which activate the interior light which turned out to be fine. i'm beginning to think it might be the security control box behind the glove box or indeed the central locking unit, which i don't know where this is located?

any advise welcome, many thanks in advance.

sorry peeps

forgot to mention that i can lock and unlock via the rocker switch inside the drivers door, this works fine without a problem, which puts a doubt in my mind abou the central locking unit mentioned above?? :unsure: :unsure:

I have the exactly the same problem with my 2000 Avensis 1.8. Intermittantly all the doors will lock themselves for no reason and then everything works fine for a bit. And then the problem returns.

It's driving me insane.

EJA

• 2 weeks later...

This week I have experienced very similar problems with my 2001 1.8 GS in that the fob remote has stopped working the locking. I can open and lock with the key - all doors lock - and the rocker switch operates normally (this is the only way I can open the other doors after I have used the key in the driver door). I have tried my spare key fob, but with the same result, so I don't think it is a problem with either kley fob. I have't checked any fuses, or wiring yet.

Any other suggestions, other than a dealer investigation (I asked my local Lucas repair centre and they said they wouldn't touch it as it was a dealer job!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Decided on starting at the simplest level and got the Battery in my key fob checked first - even though it was lighting up.

Changed the Battery and hey-presto working again - seems that a car six and a half years old needs batteries changing (the spare key fob was the same, so changed that too).

The good part - although I went to a dealer and feared a high chanrge for this - was that two batteries cost a total of £5.99 incl. VAT - I was told that it would have been £12 each last year!!

Hi All - new member and great site!!

I've got a 06 plate 2.2d and have electrical issues of the same magnitude and there must be a route sause somewhere.

My symtoms are as follows:

1) Central locking - unable to lock doors from Fob but can open with it - locking is achieved from drivers door with key.

2) Door open indicator occured at exact same time as item 1) - so obviously connected?

3) I have no interior lighting whatsoever - need to check to see if I have voltage there first.

4) Clock appears to lose it's permanant live - resets to 12:00 each time the car is started.

Is there a wonder cure for all of these issues? - Is the route cause one and the same thing for all these faults?

What is the exact location of the dome fuse? - If MR T fixes will it re-occur?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

a 30A fuse in the motor compartment is usually causing a lot of problems.

I think it's called Dome or something, check the manual.

Replace it even if it doesn't look faulty.

This fuse goes to a lot of units and usually the interior light lamp bulb has broken and then triggered the fuse.

Check the lamp bulb too and change it.

This can go very wrong with these two items...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links