Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extended Warranty

mitchbite

My Avensis is almost 3 years old and I have received the invitation to purchase a 12 month extended warranty for roughly £450 . The car has about 30000 and I now do about 8000 a year. Should I buy it or chance it. Personally I find the car pretty dull so I can't summon the enthusiasm to spend that sort of money but what sort of bills are lurking round the corner.

Many thanks

I'm in the same situation. I'd received the letter and discarded it.

Since then I've had all 4 injectors replaced under warranty, and the car is booked in again next week as it runs like crap when cold, following that injector work.

I'm now wondering if I should extend the warranty...

I bought the extended warranty to get the oil consumption fixed and the hradlights, you do get free RAc cover thrown in, but I can't see me renewing it.

I bought the extended warranty to get the oil consumption fixed and the hradlights, you do get free RAc cover thrown in, but I can't see me renewing it.

I have bought one from click4warranty but I am sorry I did not go with warrantydirect. They did not cover my glow plugs replacement (warrantydirect have these covered) and although I bought the priciest option I have not seen any benefits. My advice would be steer away from click4warrnty, rather cowboy-ish story.

Read (small print) the parts that are covered as this is where they start playing games, this or that is not explicitely on the list, so we cannot help you. No matter how logical your arguments might sound you speak to a robot who follows questionnaire.

Cheers.

Toyota used warranty is like an extension of the new car warranty, it does'nt have loads of things NOT covered, thats why they are more expensive, you do get what you pay for and some policies are not worth the paper they are written on :o

Kingo :thumbsup:

I took one out about a year ago as my 1.8 T3X started to use a bit of oil. The oil consumption is no worse and no work required yet. What I did though was get loads of smaller jobs done such as squeeking brakes, noisy hydraulic arm on hatch, rattle on dashboard (3 visits to dealer!), erratic fast idle, rattle in hatch area and replace gasket in exhaust mid section. Have a couple of other issues in mind which I may get done before it expires!

If you think you may have some pre existing problems, take out the warranty and get them fixed later. Make sure you get your money's worth out of them. I probably won't renew it now though. If the oil problem gets worse I'll get rid of it and probably trade it right back to Toyota.

Bearing in mind it also gives you breakdown cover it is quite good value. Don't ever enquire as to whether a fault is covered by the warranty as this will give them the opportunity to say no. Just tell them you want it fixed and they will oblige - normally they are only too pleased to do warranty work. They also won't want you kicking up a fuss in front of other customers.

I would, i have a d4d 54 plate that is 1 and bit months over three years old and i am now having to fork out for 3 of the crapy injectors that they put in them as they have gone faulty.I also think its very poor of toyota to do nothing about a known problem with the injectors, the company that i am getting injectors from keep modified ones on the shelf as they are so common.This is also the reason toyota change all 4 when the problem is in warranty.Sorry for the rant but i dont like parting with money for things like this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links