Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Consumption

igormus

hi there :P

I have just been surprised that the oil consumption has sharply dropped and become -- 150 ml/1000 km

GUYS -- this is very good result taking in mind that in November last year i have been feeding the engine with 10 ltr/10k km (!!!)

Never believe that the problem is with cyl block--- it is rubbish. This can be easy checked by evaluation of gases penetrating into the crankcase and purity of oil.

the problem is only with piston cooling lack resulting clogging of all drain holes in the scrapper ring groove.

I have written recently that after the first treatment with oil additive the oil consumption has dropped up to 7.5 ltr/10k km. And after seecond treatment it has become 150 ml/1000 km. I have disclosed it right today having checked a deepstick. The upper level has dropped on 4-5 mm from TOP.

The oil is very clear and it confirms the block is OK. The dial clock shows 1000 km. I presume that this sadditive has melt an oil slags in the drain holes and flashed them into the cranckcase.

I will monitoring it during the next thousand km.

cheers/igor :D

Which oil additive did you use Igor? Anyone know what's available in the UK?

I've noticed that ever since I started using Castrol Magnatex my car's oil consumption has improved quite a bit but I'm wondering if there are seasonality impacts here and it will increase again in the summer.

Which oil additive did you use Igor? Anyone know what's available in the UK?

I've noticed that ever since I started using Castrol Magnatex my car's oil consumption has improved quite a bit but I'm wondering if there are seasonality impacts here and it will increase again in the summer.

Hi Carl

look -- now my clock shows 96700 km

the additive is called ROIL. i will take a photo of it and hang here.

the local MrT dealers have also been surprised with this alert from me.

They still think that the problem is with block.

I have several photoes as survey confirming my point of view.

cheers/igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links