Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180 Owners

Aldridge Andy

Hi, I already have a chip from dieseltuner.co.uk , It's a Spider chip and boosts power to 215ps and 470nm of torque.
How easy was it to fit? Does it increase the turbo/airflow as well or is it a fuel only chip?

From the website it looks like it just adjusts/increases the fuel as it states typically there is more air in the cylinders than needed normally.

The Auris T180 isn't listed but the Rav4 T180 is - I'm guessing Rich3 has got this. The "FREE ENGINE WARRANTY AND 5 YEAR GUARANTEE WITH EVERY SYSTEM" is making it tempting.

Rich3: Have diesel tuner confirmed the spider chip will definately work in the Auris SR/T180?

Yes the chip definately does fit the auris sr180 had confimation today.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aldridge Andy

• Rich3

• JezzerJ

• Cablechap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I already have a chip from dieseltuner.co.uk , It's a Spider chip and boosts power to 215ps and 470nm of torque.
How easy was it to fit? Does it increase the turbo/airflow as well or is it a fuel only chip?

From the website it looks like it just adjusts/increases the fuel as it states typically there is more air in the cylinders than needed normally.

The Auris T180 isn't listed but the Rav4 T180 is - I'm guessing Rich3 has got this. The "FREE ENGINE WARRANTY AND 5 YEAR GUARANTEE WITH EVERY SYSTEM" is making it tempting.

Rich3: Have diesel tuner confirmed the spider chip will definately work in the Auris SR/T180?

Yes the chip definately does fit the auris sr180 had confimation today.

Thanks. Would like to know how you get on with your SR180 with updated chip installed.

Edit: There appears to be two 2.2 D-CAT 177ps chip solutions from Diesel Tuner: 281 DT-CR at £351 and the Spider Toy 6 (as you have) at £375. Waiting to find out if the £24 extra is worth it or whether the cheaper one is suitable.

What i have heard is that Toyota themselves are olso busy to devollepe a chip for the 2.2 D-Cat :D

What i have heard is that Toyota themselves are olso busy to devollepe a chip for the 2.2 D-Cat :D

Some main dealers do sell a chip and its the same one as I have Dieseltuning supply them.

Does anyone know of chips for Auris 2.0 D-4D and results? Dieseltuning never replied to my email so I guess I got to call them.

Does anyone know of chips for Auris 2.0 D-4D and results? Dieseltuning never replied to my email so I guess I got to call them.

We do one, there are two testimonials here, what else would you like to know?

Kingo :thumbsup:

My SR180 arrived on Saturday morning.... so far (35 miles) it's looking good! :D

Slightly off topic but.....

Thinking of changing my 5 year old TSport to Auris SR180 and was wondering on the insurance costs, for those of you who have the Auris what is the insurance group and a rough guide to the costs

Cheers

Slightly off topic but.....

Thinking of changing my 5 year old TSport to Auris SR180 and was wondering on the insurance costs, for those of you who have the Auris what is the insurance group and a rough guide to the costs

Cheers

T180 = group 13 (guessing same for SR180)

T-Sport = group 14

On my T180 I'm paying £320 from Bell - full no claims protected, legal, £210 total excess, one other named driver and some business use, with a fair few extras/options, but then I am getting on a bit.

Obviously cost varies dependant on who you go to and your circumstances - but I would expect you to be making savings of at least £100 over the T-Sport. Accessories and options if you are considering any do put the price up though.

Howdy

Proud new member and, most importantly, proud new owner of a black 5 door SR180 with a key and no sunroof! I understand that there have been so many problems with the keyless system that it was dropped; is this true? Regardless, I'm happy :D I'm being gentle with her for the first thousand miles, but the glimpse I'm getting of the potential performance is impressive. The handling appears to be much improved by the 25mm drop and the uprated rear setup. Oh, and everything I've read in the press about the steering feedback being inferior to an Astra or Focus is absolute cobblers (have driven both extensively prior to the Auris arriving)...

I was introduced to the Auris when I drove a 2.0D4D T-Spirit last November and that was enough to get me hooked. Would be interested to hear the initial thoughts of others on this addictively unique machine.

The Auris SR180 was released in January 2008, nearly three months on, are there any owners out there, or potential owners awaiting delivery of their new pride and joy.

If so where are you? ;)

As the SR180 appears to have undertaken some changes in it's short life so far, does your SR180 have Keyless Entry, Push to Start, and a Sunroof... or are you the proud owner of an SR180 with a Key, and a solid tin roof!

Hopefully my Eclipse Black SR180 should be arriving very early March 2008... for now I have my Ixion Blue T180.

The Auris SR180 was released in January 2008, nearly three months on, are there any owners out there, or potential owners awaiting delivery of their new pride and joy.

If so where are you? ;)

As the SR180 appears to have undertaken some changes in it's short life so far, does your SR180 have Keyless Entry, Push to Start, and a Sunroof... or are you the proud owner of an SR180 with a Key, and a solid tin roof!

Hopefully my Eclipse Black SR180 should be arriving very early March 2008... for now I have my Ixion Blue T180.

I am thinking of buying a auris sr180 part exing my bm for one are you pleased with yours.

Howdy

Proud new member and, most importantly, proud new owner of a black 5 door SR180 with a key and no sunroof! I understand that there have been so many problems with the keyless system that it was dropped; is this true? Regardless, I'm happy :D I'm being gentle with her for the first thousand miles, but the glimpse I'm getting of the potential performance is impressive. The handling appears to be much improved by the 25mm drop and the uprated rear setup. Oh, and everything I've read in the press about the steering feedback being inferior to an Astra or Focus is absolute cobblers (have driven both extensively prior to the Auris arriving)...

I was introduced to the Auris when I drove a 2.0D4D T-Spirit last November and that was enough to get me hooked. Would be interested to hear the initial thoughts of others on this addictively unique machine.

Hi CJP and welcome.

I collected my SR180 with Key and without Sunroof on March 8th, and so far it's an excellent car. I previously owned a Auris T180, and this may be a controversial comment but the TMS lowering springs do really make a difference to the handling compared to the T180. The SR180 just stays "level" and is much more controlled.

I'm up to around 120miles now, and can't wait to get to around 1,000 miles so it's a little looser and can start to be driven with a little more spirit.

If you get the chance, Eclipse Black looks totally stunning given a coating of Autoglym Super Resin Polish, topped off with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protector. Towards the end of my buffing up, my eyes were going funny thanks to the depth of the shine and the glinting mica particles.

post-45474-1205697932_thumb.jpg

Howdy

Enjoy your car. As for the missing Start button and sunroof. No problems. Mr. T. is just cutting costs to keep the SR competative. Shame about the button its one of the things that makes my 180 that little bit special.

Hi, I am expecting my T180 sr to arrive on wednesday I've gone for 5dr Silver with black leather and tech pack.My previous car was a 2007 Civic type R in black which I was sick of cleaning,thats why I,ve gone for silver this time around.I needed 5dr with the arrival of my baby daughter, this was the main reason for swapping appart from the jarring ride quality shaking my daughter all over the place. Oh and a constant 27 m.p.g no matter how slow I went.My initial impressions on a 20 minute test drive are what I expected- bags of in gear acceleration and good ride quality and overall a better degree of quality to the Honda bar the excellent gearbox of the typr R.

Stick the Parts-King chip in at £375 delivered for an extra 35bhp (210 bhp total) and you will probably not miss the Type R at all!

(I should get a bigger discount if I keep plugging it like this and I haven't got one myself yet..... ;) )

are you pleased with your SR180 Im thinking of buying one.

If so where are you? ;)

I am thinking of buying a auris sr180 part exing my bm for one are you pleased with yours.

Hopefully with the Auris 1st aniversary with us now, any teething problems that effected the earlier cars should be sorted now.

As for my SR180, with only 120miles on it, nothing untoward has come to light, and all is well. If it stays that way this will be one of those cars that you could keep for years.

Hi, I am expecting my T180 sr to arrive on wednesday I've gone for 5dr Silver with black leather and tech pack.My previous car was a 2007 Civic type R in black which I was sick of cleaning,thats why I,ve gone for silver this time around.I needed 5dr with the arrival of my baby daughter, this was the main reason for swapping appart from the jarring ride quality shaking my daughter all over the place. Oh and a constant 27 m.p.g no matter how slow I went.My initial impressions on a 20 minute test drive are what I expected- bags of in gear acceleration and good ride quality and overall a better degree of quality to the Honda bar the excellent gearbox of the typr R.

Stick the Parts-King chip in at £375 delivered for an extra 35bhp (210 bhp total) and you will probably not miss the Type R at all!

(I should get a bigger discount if I keep plugging it like this and I haven't got one myself yet..... ;) )

mines t180 but i am very pleased with it now its been a year.

go and see barry or chris at wrdavies toyota stafford. The have a very nice white SR180 on demo which maybe on for a decent price.

Cant tell you yet ! it turned up last week and the factory forgot to fit leather!! Anyway picking a black one up sat morning with nav instead of leather then after 1000 mls I'll stick my chip on.

Hey All,

I am watching this thread with interest. At the moment I am driving a Pug 307 XSI (petrol) which to all intents and purposes is great, I have not had any trouble with this car and surprisingly it goes quite well to. This being my 3rd Peugeot, having had a 306 1.4, then onto a 306 S16 (which later on in ownership I choose to have the engine fully rebuilt, race tuned, blue printed, ported/polished etc. etc. the lot so it sat at 140/150 bhp @ the wheels) before P/X for the 307 when I grew up a bit ;)

Now my current job can mean travelling to and from sites, hence more miles and a diesel car is becoming very appealing. Even more so with the performance you get from them which is truly amazing. Whichever car I get next will eventually get a chip/box fitted.

At the moment I have 4 cars I am considering :

1st is the new Pug 308 3 door as I have a good contact with a trusted garage and so get looked after in the parts & service department. Plus I am more likely to get a favourable trade in perhaps on another Pug than anything else & I like the look of it.

2nd is a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI, again reasonable looks and crucially servicing costs will be low due to contacts.

3rd Car is the Honda Civic. Nice looking car, good engine but possibly more of a downer come service time due to parts cost.

4th the Auris SR180 for obvious reasons............. that engine for one! As well as the looks!

With 180bhp & 400Nm of torque you cant help but take notice and I certainly am. It looks good as well & so I am scouting around to work out any issues with the cars, points to be wary of & various service costs along the way should I own one.

One of my main needs is decent boot space, I fly RC model helicopters and regularly cart the machines to various parts of the country and a few of them aint exactly small, hence the need for a decent sized car which the Auris appears to be.

At the moment I am doing my homework and when the time comes I shall have a list of cars to test drive before I make a decision.

I appreciate all the feedback for current owners and new ones who join the forum.

Ian

1st is the new Pug 308

2nd is a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI

3rd Car is the Honda Civic.

4th the Auris SR180

Anything we say is going to be bias. So I am going to choose the Honda. You can expect to be treated like royalty on your warranty if you get the Honda. The finishing is much nicer and drives better in town (The Auris is better on the motorway). All the Pug may feel nicer to drive with more feedback but with the right tires and lots of practice you can get the feel for the Auris and Civic.

Could I also chuck in my car the 2.0 D-4D with only insurance group 6 and 1 group less tax can be chipped to 350Nm 158bhp and is slightly lighter than the T180. As long as you learn to use the torque instead of the bhp it is remarkably fast for group 6.

Vauxhall will not hold it's value and I do not know much about it sadly. As a designer I think their good looks (inspired by the VX220) will date as classic looking cars always have curves and not sharp edges.

VW and Ford do good ones too. Ford has around 350nm and 150bhp I think.

If you have kids and want to give people a shock the people carrier Toyota Verso comes in T180 and actually looks quite smart.

If you love your speed too much then you already know the answer is the Auris T180 / SR180 and it is a good all rounder.

Anything we say is going to be bias. So I am going to choose the Honda. You can expect to be treated like royalty on your warranty if you get the Honda. The finishing is much nicer and drives better in town (The Auris is better on the motorway). All the Pug may feel nicer to drive with more feedback but with the right tires and lots of practice you can get the feel for the Auris and Civic.

Could I also chuck in my car the 2.0 D-4D with only insurance group 6 and 1 group less tax can be chipped to 350Nm 158bhp and is slightly lighter than the T180. As long as you learn to use the torque instead of the bhp it is remarkably fast for group 6.

Vauxhall will not hold it's value and I do not know much about it sadly. As a designer I think their good looks (inspired by the VX220) will date as classic looking cars always have curves and not sharp edges.

VW and Ford do good ones too. Ford has around 350nm and 150bhp I think.

If you have kids and want to give people a shock the people carrier Toyota Verso comes in T180 and actually looks quite smart.

If you love your speed too much then you already know the answer is the Auris T180 / SR180 and it is a good all rounder.

Hey Johan007,

Thanks for the reply my friend and an honest and unbiased one to.

I'm currently frequenting both this forum and the Civicinfo one to keep researching 2 of my options & slowly picking some good & bad pieces of information up along the way.

In all honesty to date I have not seen a lot of bad reports for the SR180/T180 to be frank, but have read a lot of problems & issues on the Civic more common with older 05/06 cars but some are not happy.

Your onto a winner in reality with your own car, designated as a group 6 combined with the savings on your road tax and with the extra torque a chip could give you and your laughing.

I will be honest if I like something and can afford it, even if it costs that little bit more I'd rather do it to be happy in my decision.

My current Pug is great, I cannot fault it only recently has an ABS sensor failed to be replaced next week and it has not cost me a lot of money.

As an example my contacts with Peugeot Technicians allowed me to have a cam belt change, service & a new rear damper fitted for less than £180 which is dam good. Hence my want to stay with Peugeot as I call them friends as well as mechanics.

The S16 gave me the taste for power if you like and although I took a back step to a degree with the 307 it's still quick enough to be fun, of course the current diesels with more torque can give it a run for it's money no trouble & thats with them being stock. I dont have a chance in hell chipped :unsure:

A friend has recently brought an Astra CDTI and it's growing on me, but I to am afraid resale values will be low. A clue I have so far is how many Vauxhalls in general are for sale on AutoTrader for instance compared to the overal number of Honda & Toyota cars added up.

As yet I do not have kids, wedding just booked yesterday for May next year so I'm cool for a few years baring any accidents :P Plus I like my 3 door cars, so the other half will have to have a sensible car.

I am still fishing about for servicing costs for the duration of the warrenty for instance, as once thats done it could go elsewhere easier with or without genuine parts being used. But having said that getting genuine parts for decent prices nowadays is not a problem, it's normally the fitting charges from main dealers which bumps the price up.

Although I'm confident enough to do most things myself and as I like to get hands on with my cars it makes ownership more exciting as I am sure you'll agree.

Another thing with the SR over the Civic is the radio/dash, while I like the look of the Civic I also love my music and am a bit of a bass head. Settling down a bit means I dont go as far as I have in the past with ICE installs, but a small 12" sub in the boot makes journeys nicer, plus I cant hear myself sing either :D

The Civic I think will be a nightmare to fit any type of aftermarket radio to with the heater controls integrated into the radio dash (I think), where as the SR looks to be seperate?

As soon as funds become available & I know where I am going I shall start my test drive visits and go from there.

Thanks for your input though dude, much appreciated.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

took delivery of my auris on 16/03/08

no keyless entry

no push button start

originialy ordered a t180 in dec 07 but my company car wasnt due for renewal until 28/02/08 during this time had a phone call from toyota explaining they were no longer making the t180's and were instead making an sr180 so i opted for one of them instead.

Just agreed to purchase a White SR180, ex demo. It has the sunroof and keyless entry. When I spoke to the dealer they said Toyota struggled to get SR's out at the launch date in January, so the first lot delivered as demonstrators where basically tweaked T180 and had the Toyota lowered suspension, keyless entry, and sunroof. They then decided to drop the keyless entry and sunroof once they got there procedures in place. Hence the first ones out will have had a higher spec.

I get mine later this week after trading in a Nissan Qashqai which was costing too much in fuel (30mpg average).

I'm not a heavy footed driver so I am hopefull of the claimed 45mpg+.

I was looking for a T-Spirit but couldn't fault the deal I was offered for the SR180, only 4 months old and 2000 miles.

The Auris drives beautifully, loads of torque if required and doesn't shake your bones like other sporty hatchbacks. Its very smooth and more of a motorway cruiser.

As regards the white, its my favourite colour and it looks awesome in this car. Yes it gets dirty quick, but its also dead easy to clean. I quick wash is all it needs as you never see the streak marks, the white just absorbs them.

Finally, anyone fitted a good bluetooth device or tried the TOMTOM 520 with bluetooth phone connections.

The toyota dealers price for a simple bluetooth parrot was around £300. Halfords look like they do one for around £100 with £20 fitting.

G.

Just agreed to purchase a White SR180, ex demo....

As regards the white, its my favourite colour and it looks awesome in this car. Yes it gets dirty quick, but its also dead easy to clean. I quick wash is all it needs as you never see the streak marks, the white just absorbs them.

Finally, anyone fitted a good Bluetooth device or tried the TOMTOM 520 with bluetooth phone connections.

The toyota dealers price for a simple bluetooth parrot was around £300. Halfords look like they do one for around £100 with £20 fitting.

G.

I have an Eclipse Black SR180, and it's a pain to get it looking "really clean" but I was warned about black when I placed my order. Once it's properly clean though it's a great looking car. It's a godo job I enjoy my Sunday washing and polishing sessions.

I would have thought that the TomTom 520 / Navman S50 or S70 would be the better option, as if you do use Sat Nav, with the Parrot incidently which has had good reviews too, you'll end up with a couple of boxes looking unsightly in your car. The last thing you want with a decent new car is to have tacked on stuff here and there.

Enjoy your Auris,

Andy.

Finally, anyone fitted a good Bluetooth device or tried the TOMTOM 520 with bluetooth phone connections.

G.

I have just had the Toyota bluetooth kit fitted on my T-Spirit, not cheap at £330 :o (incliding £5.50 for a manual that you can download for free <_< ), but it is a totally invisible installation apart from a small mike next to the drivers sun visor.

I am still getting my head round how it operates, however the numbers are stored in the kit, rather than the phone, and operate by Voice Recognition. The kit can be linked to up to 4 devices (not sure yet whether one by one or all at the same time), this has the advantage that I can link it to my company phone during the week and my personal one at weekends (I don't leave the company one on over the weekends ;) ).

Colin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links