Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ecu Problem

troutman

My car: Avensis T3-S Semi-Auto.

Year: Sept 2003

Mlg: 45000

Hello. Could someone please advise on a problem I have with my car?

Engine warning light came on, so took car to local Toyota agent.

Diagnosed , new ECU and Poss Cat. Estimate £1600.

On 20/09/2006 same warning light same diagnosis, replaced with new Oxygen Sensors under warranty.

Have written to Toyota, but have been told "Out of Warranty, tough!"

Have been told that a modified ECU has been brought out, as this is a common fault.

I would like to persue Toyota further about this, as I consider the thing should have been replaced when the

fault occured and still under warranty.

Am I chasing rainbows, or do you consider the matter worth persuing.

Thank you for your time.

PS. Please not to techy, as I am old, and only understand steam, and horse drawn vehicles!

what is th eproblem with your car?

The car appears to be running as normal, but have been advised to have the above repairs.

what is th eproblem with your car?

The car appears to be running as normal, but have been advised to have the above repairs.

Hi troutman,

My advise would be to contact Toyota UK customer services and make a complaint. I know someone who had issue with a faulty clutch master cylinder and whilst the car was under warranty they simply applied lubrication and the problem dissapeared for a short while and when the car was sent for MOT + Servicing year later they then said needs a need master cylinder £300 notes please! ;) Eventually it was resolved by Toyota replacing the part on cost price and charging half price labour charges.

Hope this helps.

vivid. Thanks for reply. Will have another go at them, as I consider I was fobbed off the first time I had the problem.

Hello ............ A well-written, articulate but firm letter to Toyota UK stating all the salient points should prove fruitful. Copy in your dealer too - no franchisee likes to be the subject of a letter to HQ. An offer to replace the neccessary parts on a 50-50 basis plus free labour would be acceptable in my opinion. Let us know how you get on.

TeyaDog

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links