Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tr Or T4 ?

Rigsby

Im just about to change my 2004 T4 2.0 D 4 D (Company Car) having done 100,000 trouble free miles.

I have a choice of makes / models but I am leaning towards another Avensis.

A couple of questions.

I will go for the 2.2 D 4 D engine but what is the difference (Spec wise) between the TR and the T4?, I cant seem to find a detailed spec list for the TR.

Also the colour sat nav in the TR and T4 looks good, but can you input Post Codes in the UK, the one in my current T4 is a bit of a pain having to scroll thru everything letter by letter. I have searched the website and looked thru the cat but cant find if it's a yes on no.

Thanks.

Alan

Yes to adding postcodes on the satnav. My 07 TR lets me tap in the postcodes via a querty style touch screen.

(That's once you've worked out how to get to that screen)

I struggled to see any difference between the T4 and TR. Had expected to get the T3, then the TR could out for no extra cost.

I'm happy with my choice so far.

there is a spec sheet for the tr on its own. i thought that the tr was basically a t3x with sat nav which is what the t4 was (a combination of the t3s and t3x). the wheels are different on the t4 but apart from that i carnt think of anything.

over the 04 plate (which is what i had before) you will get traction control, cruise control, auto lights, mp3 cd player, the sat nav, better ride, more power and torque and more space. i think the facelift has given more room in the rear seats. well my daughter feels further away, sitting in the back, than she used to in the old one.

Im just about to change my 2004 T4 2.0 D 4 D (Company Car) having done 100,000 trouble free miles.

I have a choice of makes / models but I am leaning towards another Avensis.

A couple of questions.

I will go for the 2.2 D 4 D engine but what is the difference (Spec wise) between the TR and the T4?, I cant seem to find a detailed spec list for the TR.

Also the colour sat nav in the TR and T4 looks good, but can you input Post Codes in the UK, the one in my current T4 is a bit of a pain having to scroll thru everything letter by letter. I have searched the website and looked thru the cat but cant find if it's a yes on no.

Thanks.

Alan

The TR is the smart buy, especially for the private buyer, since it is 1K cheaper list than the T4. The only difference between the two are the wheels which are slightly different in design but both 17" on the diesels. One thousand pounds is a lot to pay for the T4's seven spoke wheels as opposed to the TR's eight spokes - that's even one spoke less!!

Thanks guy's for the input.

Glad to hear the Sat Nav has Post Code input (The turn by Turn one in my T4 can be a real pain)

I couldn't see a lot of difference between the TR & T4, I picked up a 4 page leaflet on the TR but it only highlighted the Sat Nav, Auto Lights, Cruise etc it didn't give a detailed list of what it's got and what it hasn't.

Looks like I'll go for the TR Saloon in Eclipse Black. (Current T4 is Silver Steel)

After much searching I managed to find an online spec list by model, and it's only the wheels that are different as said.

Cruise Control is included on the D4D versions of the TR.

Link to model specs http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/pdf/AV5_equip.pdf

Thanks again

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links