Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Upgrade For Compressor

Ekstrom

Although I have owned (and loved every second of it) my cts compressor for just over 2 months, the modifing bug has not escaped me

I'm still contemplating the k&n induction system, i feel the exhaust would be the next thing to upgrade

btw, apart from a possible ecu upgrade, the engine mods will stop there, it will be suspension and possible aero upgrades only after that

Now, my local tuner has quoted me £400 all in for a cat back system with twin exit pipes. I thought "great, no probs"

While i was checking the car over at work on the ramp, i thought i would have a look at the exhaust itself to see how they would go about upgrading it. I was very susprised to find the maifold back to the tailpipes it literally 1 piece :eek: I planned for them to unbolt the system from the cat and make a new one so i could swap them back if need be

has anyone changed theirs? how did you go about it?

as it is 1 piece, i now am thinking of the idea of buying a TRD manifold (i found one for sale for the 2zzge) and going the whole hog and having a decat exhaust and maybe just a single exit.does any sort exist for the standard t-sport?

have you looked at silverstone racing website for the intercooler upgrade sounds a lot of money but when you break it down an intecooler kit would set you back prob £800 so for what they can do and give you extra 35 bhp its probably money well spent at least it would be done properly and dyno,d well worse considering.after that uprade the rest is your own preference eg exhausts etc cos i don,t think tou are going to get much more than 250 bhp from the compressor without loosing reliabilty.

PPE just made 2zzge manifold for the GTS Celica (USA spec 2zzge) and the gains are much than the TRD should do..

PPE just made 2zzge manifold for the GTS Celica (USA spec 2zzge) and the gains are much than the TRD should do..

any links to the above two mentioned sites ?

Although I have owned (and loved every second of it) my cts compressor for just over 2 months, the modifing bug has not escaped me

I'm still contemplating the k&n induction system, i feel the exhaust would be the next thing to upgrade

btw, apart from a possible ecu upgrade, the engine mods will stop there, it will be suspension and possible aero upgrades only after that

Now, my local tuner has quoted me £400 all in for a cat back system with twin exit pipes. I thought "great, no probs"

While i was checking the car over at work on the ramp, i thought i would have a look at the exhaust itself to see how they would go about upgrading it. I was very susprised to find the maifold back to the tailpipes it literally 1 piece :eek: I planned for them to unbolt the system from the cat and make a new one so i could swap them back if need be

as it is 1 piece, i now am thinking of the idea of buying a TRD manifold (i found one for sale for the 2zzge) and going the whole hog and having a decat exhaust and maybe just a single exit.does any sort exist for the standard t-sport?

alright mate only had my compressor for a week, not really had much chance to check out much engine mods, just to let you know just incase you don't already know the susension on these is Eibach so might not be worth changing this unless your gonna spend big money on really good coilovers.

mike.

alright mate only had my compressor for a week, not really had much chance to check out much engine mods, just to let you know just incase you don't already know the susension on these is Eibach so might not be worth changing this unless your gonna spend big money on really good coilovers.

mike.

I used the term 'suspension' loosly. I know they are Eibach units, i'm looking at a upgraded front roll bar, pillowbal top mounts and maybe some extra braces

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links