Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phone Book

cestrian

Anyone worked how to get numbers in the phone book? I couldn't do it with my old Nokia. Can't do it with iPhone so need to do it manually but can't figure out how.

Cheers

My Samsung phone would not transfer my phone book to the Prius. I did it manually.

My Samsung phone was new last year but is not compatible with the Prius; the software is incorrect. (See my thread on voice activation).

Sony Ericson and Nokia phones seem to have the right software.

I would suggest you enter your phone book manually. I followed the instructions in the manual it was easy once you get to do it. I just selected phone book and then added numbers. The screen is easy to understand.

Just a shame my phone is no good for the Prius. I am getting a new phone in April free under my phone contract it will an Ericson or a Nokia.

If you get stuck your Toyota dealer will help. My local dealer helped me find out my phone was not compatible he did several checks which took about 40mins, he did this free of charge.

Thanks, but you must have a different manual to me. Mine has nothing on how to program the phone. Would you mind giving me some guidance as to where to start? There appears to be no way of doing it from the general phone menu.

cestrian. The information for the phone is in the Navigation Owners Manual not the Prius Owners Manual.

In the navigation owners manual go to page to page 129 for the the start of phone information.

Go to page 155 for registering the phone book data.

In SETTINGS screen touch phonebook. In phonebook management touch REGISTER; then touch the appropriate screen to enter name and telephone number. When complete touch OK. Go through the same process to add further names etc.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Thanks. For some reason I do not have the other manual. Bizarrely, I didn't have any problems working out the sat nav or connecting my phone through bluetooth.

It seems that my system is different to yours (I'm a Spirit from 05). Mine will only allow manual input of numbers from calls received and calls made and even then only to the 'one touch' facility. I am not able to input numbers manually into either of the two Phone Books. When in Settings it is not possible to select Phone Book since it is empty and the computer tells me so. It is thus not possible to select Register. It seems that the phone book is only for automatic transmission from phone, and a selective phone at that.

That is not so good. No wonder you were having problems. Mine is a Tspirit 57.

I suppose for you the only way is to get people to phone so you get them in the phone book.

Sorry I could not help.

That is not so good. No wonder you were having problems. Mine is a Tspirit 57.

I suppose for you the only way is to get people to phone so you get them in the phone book.

Sorry I could not help.

It worked for me using a Nokia N73, just sent the contacts via bluetooth. I have an 08 TSpirit. Found that it doesn't like contacts that are listed in Company only, so you need to change the company name to a persons name. It was quite easy, and i have since added names individually sent from N73.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links