Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise - Toyota Granvia

KOB

Hi we have recently bought a Granvia, which we love. However it has developed a 'knocking noise' coming from the rear nearside (left-hand side) - before we visit a garage can anyone out there give me some indication of what this noise could be. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thanks

KOB

Thanks for your response! The knocking noise is only eveident when driving and particularly over uneven roads. It is definately not the exhaust mounts, any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks KOB

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your response! The knocking noise is only eveident when driving and particularly over uneven roads. It is definately not the exhaust mounts, any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks KOB

I had the same problem. I changed the rubber bushes at the bottom of my shock absorbers. Also change the top ones but wasn't neccessary.

Needed no special tools, no jack, ramps or anything.

Cost £14 for both rear left and right from toyota, had them all changed in around 10 minutes. It solved my problem.

Thanks KOB

I had the same problem. I changed the rubber bushes at the bottom of my shock absorbers. Also change the top ones but wasn't neccessary.

Cost £14 for both rear left and right from toyota, had them all changed in around 10 minutes. It solved my problem.

Thanks - I will investigate, can you perhaps tell me did you use the same parts for a Hiace powervan - I have heard that these parts are compatible (my Granvia is a 96 2wd).

KOB

• 5 months later...

Thanks KOB

Hi can you tell me where you got these bushes from and how you got them fixed please. Is it a garage job or something a mere office bloke could do?

Any help would be really appreciated as mine has developed the same problem and I need to get it fixed asap.

Cheers!

• 13 years later...

I have the same problem except it is at the front and seems to be suspension related. I have virtually replaced the entire front end, control arms, Bushes, shock absorbers and ball joints but still the knock persists. It is most prominent at low speeds (20kmh) and disappears at highway speed (90 kph). Any ideas anyone ? 2002 model 2 WD V6

Cheers  Ross

• 1 month later...

my Regius had a knocking from the rear. It was the common hiace problem of rear axle steady bar bush. could not find one for the Regius. bought a Granvia bush. cut 5mm of the centre, where the bolt goes through. problem solved. Now silent gear changes.

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2022 at 5:47 AM, Bowenarrow said:

I have the same problem except it is at the front and seems to be suspension related. I have virtually replaced the entire front end, control arms, Bushes, shock absorbers and ball joints but still the knock persists. It is most prominent at low speeds (20kmh) and disappears at highway speed (90 kph). Any ideas anyone ? 2002 model 2 WD V6

Cheers  Ross

Did you ever find out the cause of the front end noise?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links