• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Demonic Angel

• Fizz

• bothwell_buyer

Not as nice as the Alfa Spider ;)

Chuffed for you mate - well done! :D You remember you said I could drive it first right ;)

Which engine is that then - VVTi or VVTLi?

Either way, very nice indeed.

Chuffed for you mate - well done! :D You remember you said I could drive it first right ;)

wait.

arent we the sort of friends that don't let them drive each others cars? :huh:

:P :lol:

Which engine is that then - VVTi or VVTLi?

Either way, very nice indeed.

VVTLi :D

and what an engine - up to 6,000 revs its fast - then the second cam comes on line and OH. MY. GOD.

I think its got 230bhp/tonne... and no traction control - so while being stuck in the office is frustrating, its probably safer with the rain! :lol:

(oh, and i'm doing my best to ignore the exhaust kit my mate has on his exige that sounds lush... oh, and the supercharger kit...)

wait.

Did you really WANT to drive my Aygo...? I doubt it.... you're just being stubborn... that's so unlike you Ian :lol:

Besides last time you sat in my car in the drivers seat you complained about the "poor visibility" IIRC....

wait.

Did you really WANT to drive my Aygo...? I doubt it.... you're just being stubborn... that's so unlike you Ian :lol:

Besides last time you sat in my car in the drivers seat you complained about the "poor visibility" IIRC....

I let you drive the S3 loads... I ask to drive the Aygo at the weekend and got a firm 'no'.

but yes, i did say i didn't like the rear 3/4 vision in the past...

wait.

I let you drive the S3 loads... I ask to drive the Aygo at the weekend and got a firm 'no'.

but yes, i did say i didn't like the rear 3/4 vision in the past...

Does twice class as loads in your book then ;) :P

And I said no because you'd probably complain about it not being fast enough or something.... :lol:

Dont ignore the supercharger kit :rolleyes: ,,,you know you want to :P

Looks a nice car & they go well too :thumbsup:

my only complaint was back ache after a long journey :crybaby: but the grin factor soon gets rid of that :D

So that's why you got rid of the Audi. Makes a bit more sense now, did love that S3 though :(

i'm pretty sure it was 3 times...

and you weren't exactly taking it easy with it ;)

Yeah but I'm used to driving superminis.... you're used to driving 911's, S3's & Elise's... ;)

And I was taking it easy actually! :unsure::lol:

And no, it was twice - you didn't let me drive it to Cribbs because of the weather.... ;)

Dont ignore the supercharger kit :rolleyes: ,,,you know you want to :P

Looks a nice car & they go well too :thumbsup:

my only complaint was back ache after a long journey :crybaby: but the grin factor soon gets rid of that :D

Its got the Probax seats, which are supposed to be really good for distance driving...

though i'm just taken it out for a spin (in the dark, wet, rush hour traffic) and my neck hurts! :lol:

you certainly are part of the road though, and that engine is a touch noisey (the test drive was with the roof off)...

as for the charger, well current 0-60 is 4.9 - when i start to get bored its something to knock half a second off that! :lol: B)

At last! A car that makes you look tall! :lol:

Nice choice though, chap. Lotus chassis with a Toyota-built Yamaha engine, can't go wrong there.

Paul.

I know exactly what you mean when that cam kicks in, stupidly fast, but they make you look a tool at the petrol station with those sills!! lol

Image074.jpg

Image075.jpg

Image083.jpg

Image082.jpg

• 11 months later...

Just as an update, due to a change in circumstances the Elise (sadly) had to go...

So I got a new car - with some big tyres to fill (it wasn't just replacing the Lotus, but also an Audi A4 TDi!)..

1.jpg

2.jpg

So unfortunatley I am now a BMW driver! :unsure:

Still as a Toyota VVTi system! Same engine as mine ;)

Still as a Toyota VVTi system! Same engine as mine ;)

Really?

I didn't know that...

I know BMW refer to it as a VANOS system... but i didnt know it came from Toyota?