Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Sound System!

Ryan1985

ideally either run the fronts of the headunit but wired together

or run both the fronts off an amp (RCA)

not one with and one without itll sound pants

6*9s off the rear headunit out put

sub on RCA

so i dont need a crossover thingy for the dash Speakers just keep it how it is (2 Ohms)

if I Amped the door speaker, will the dash Speakers have to be amped as well, and wheres the best place to put the new amp (under the passenger seat where ive got my CDs)

you could use a crossover, from a previous post i assume youve uprated dash and door Speakers? normally if you were to buy a component set then the crossover accompanys them.

you can by seperate crossovers and if you are goin to amp them then id recommend it as control over the system will be better and the wiring will be safer

i would advise that both dash and door were amped (or not amped) together but then you dont have to and its your choice

as for the amp you could stick it under the seat - have ya used the boot up?

boot has 4 usages sub, shopping, uni work, oh and kidnapping.

never used a crossover before, what does it do?

so no room for another amp then! :lol:

crossovers just a little box of tricks that takes the speaker wires from the amp and then splits/filters it into 2 or more frequancy ranges. the most common is to split the signal into treble and the mid range frequancys ie for ya tweeters and mid range door Speakers

basically its about 3/4 inch square and will have about 6-8 terminals on it, the also come in two types - active and passive

passive are the easiest to wire as theyll have a min of 6 terminals, the have +ve and -ve from the amp and then two out put +ve's and -ve's to go to the two new Speakers

an active crossover will have a power input and a ground aswell as the speaker/amp terminals, this is to help boost the power within the crossover curcuits and prevent loosing any quality - but they are general more expensive and have the added need for more wiring

:thumbsup:

Where can you the Fascia from?

U don't need a fascia adapter, the headunit fits in the space below ur standard cassette/CD player!

And there is guides on how 2 fit ur own headunit in the workshop submission part of this very website!

Goodluck! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links