Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Picnic Engine Change Problem

carlt

After the heartache of having our picnic sit on the drive for over a year, we forked out for a engine from the internet. We have now swapped the engines but the engine keeps pulsing up to 2.5k revs. I have put her in a garage that has diagnosed MAP sensor failure but this has been changed twice. My father in law reckons that as this is a newer engine, the ECU may not be set up correctly :huh: HELP because Mrs T is nagging me to death for her car back (she has even bought pink fluffy dice for the rebirth!). If any one can help or has had a similar problem please share your wisdom and save this Picnic. Thanks Carl

After the heartache of having our picnic sit on the drive for over a year, we forked out for a engine from the internet. We have now swapped the engines but the engine keeps pulsing up to 2.5k revs. I have put her in a garage that has diagnosed MAP sensor failure but this has been changed twice. My father in law reckons that as this is a newer engine, the ECU may not be set up correctly :huh: HELP because Mrs T is nagging me to death for her car back (she has even bought pink fluffy dice for the rebirth!). If any one can help or has had a similar problem please share your wisdom and save this Picnic. Thanks Carl

MAP stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure and is a system by which the ECU monitors the manifold pressure at all throttle positions to ensure the pulse duration provided to the injectors results in the correct amount of fuel being delivered for any given load.

Before you go out and buy any more sensors make 100% sure that you have refitted all the vacuum lines properly, that your inlet manifold gasket is sealing correctly, that you don't have any tight valves and that your throttle body is securely mounted. An air leak anywhere will result in problems.

Once again this sounds like "technicians" giving a diagnosis on a problem from a trouble code without investigating the probable root cause.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links