Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interface Mp3 Player Onto The Headunit, Avensis 2003 W53901

sanghyo

Hi,

I am trying to interface between my ordinary MP3 player and the headunit in Avensis 2003 (W53901 model). I suppose that I would need 'AUX IN' in the headunit. I haven't tried yet to check the back side of headunit whether it has AUX IN or what's on there.

Is there someone who tried this and tell me how you did?

Thanks

Sanghyo

I bought the xcarlink adapter from eBay (make sure you order the toyota version). It has a connector which can be plugged directly in your cd changer connector (AUX) of your w53901 unit. I've tried it in my car (Avensis 2004 2.4 exec) and it works great!

However, if you have a navigation system this connector is already in use. I haven't figured out a solution to connect the xcarlink and TNS300 at the same time. There are 2 wires which are going to the multi display (TX+ and TX- at pin 9 and 10). I've tried connecting these wires to the same pins on the mp3 player, but then the player did not work, but the multi display did. I ordered some cables at my toyota guy to check if I can find a solution.

How about an itrip? I use one in my Avensis and it works fine.

My model is an istuff autoscan.

Does your Avensis have the 7" multi display? Oh never mind it's a fm-transmitter. I already got one of those and they sound terrible. Also you've got no steering wheel control, which is not the case with the xcarlink or something similar.

How about an itrip? I use one in my Avensis and it works fine.

My model is an istuff autoscan.

Does your Avensis have the 7" multi display? Oh never mind it's a fm-transmitter. I already got one of those and they sound terrible. Also you've got no steering wheel control, which is not the case with the xcarlink or something similar.

I got Sat-Nav and suppose the plug is already in use

• 1 year later...

I have an Avensis 04 plate and a W53901 original audio system with tape and CD. I've just bought an iPhone 3GS and want to integrate it with car stereo. Main thing I want is when the iPhone rings to interrupt the stereo and ring via loudspeakers and when I answer it for callers voice to come through audio system Speakers and my voice to be picked up via a remote microphone by the rear view mirror.

I currently have fitted a carkit for a Siemens S55 (carkit HKC-540) that charges the phone, has an external antennae, and a wired microphone and integrates with the audio system so if you are listening to radio/cd/tape, the carkit mutes the car stereo if the phone rings.

I also have sat nav fitted (TNS300 with small split screen) which I guess uses the CD changer. Anyone find a solution to that ?

In short, looking for something for the iPhone that :-

- mutes stereo when phone rings (if stereo is playing cd or radio or tape)

- picks up my voice via the microphone I have already fitted in the car by the rear view mirror (for speaking to callers but also to use voice control on the iphone

- hear the caller through the stereo

- when the call ends, resume back to cd/radio/tape or iphone music playing

- charges the phone

- bonus if can make use of my already fitted antennae but don't know if the iPhone 3GS can make use of an external antennae

- ideally if I start playing music on the iPhone it switches the stereo to this (you can press a button on the 3GS and say 'play songs by Coldplay' - very handsfree friendly)

- is good quality sound connection (i.e. not via cassette adapter)

Cannot seem to find anything on the market that will do this. Guess I'm asking too much, or is there something out there somewhere that will do all that ?

[the microphone is a standard mono 3.5mm connector. The iPhone supports a TRRS connector (http://geekspeak.org/blog/2008/08/12/iphone-headset-plug) ]

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links