Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Sensors Stopped Working

matty2767

I noticed that the rear parking sensors have packed up. had a look in the manual for the fuse location but carnt find any mention of it. there is supposed to be a switch in the boot to turn it off and on but I carnt find that either. I am guessing that is an optional extra. I agoing to pop into the garage later to see if they can solve it.

In the boot, lift up the rear covers, left hand side about 12" in there is a switch. You should be able to see a red area on i when it is switched on. The reason for the switch is in the event that you are towing a trailer you can switch them off.

Zimmy

I noticed that the rear parking sensors have packed up. had a look in the manual for the fuse location but carnt find any mention of it. there is supposed to be a switch in the boot to turn it off and on but I carnt find that either. I am guessing that is an optional extra. I agoing to pop into the garage later to see if they can solve it.

Hi, had the same problem on a 2007 Avensis estate. Parking sensors are usually part of the "protection pack". Fixed under warranty - wires loose they said.

thanks for the replies. went to the dealer and it was the switch. dont know how it had got pressed though as i havent been under the floor of the boot for ages. something heavy must have pushed it down. i didnt even know there was a switch there. the manual isnt very clear on that point.

The on/off switch isnt part of the parking sensro kit, this is an optional extra when the kit is bought from dealership. Ive noticed now that alot of the cars being delivered to us with sensors already fitted (protection pack) have had the switch fitted though.

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links