Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Aerial

gordonjsinclair@hotmail.com

We have a Rav4 Granite 3 years old Great BUT have broken off the aerial and the base is broken, how easy is it to remove and replace from roof ?

And before anyone says it is the base plate and aerial broken!

Ta

• 3 weeks later...

I haqd the same problem on my 2001 rav4. It is easy to remove the aerial base from the roof. You pull off the the rubber seal at the top of the rear door opening. This allows you to pull down the headlining behind where the aerial is fitted. The aerial base contains an aerial amplifier and therfore it has a power connection. The base is removed by slipping a open ended or ring spanner between the headlining and the roof. \

The new base is very expensive. I did a very acceptable repair on mine by filling the broken plastic part with a two part epoxy putty. It is very strong; sticks to the plastic and can be sanded before it is fully hardened. I sprayed the job with a black paint aerosol. You would be hard pushed to detect the repair.

Good luck

We have a Rav4 Granite 3 years old Great BUT have broken off the aerial and the base is broken, how easy is it to remove and replace from roof ?

And before anyone says it is the base plate and aerial broken!

Ta

Hi Gordon scuse my ignorance but if your granite is 3yr old iassume its a 4.2. I damaged my aerial, and repaired it but reception was never the same as before, Mr T wanted £127 for a replacement. got one from a breakers for £25, you will have to take 2 screws out of rear interior light to release headlining but its very simple..I did it :thumbsup:

P.S... A satellite dish married a T.V. aerial, They said afterwards the wedding was a dissapointment, but the reception was brilliant :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links