Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clock

killie

Hi

The Clock has never worked since I got the Car.

been going through fixing bits and pieces and thought i might try and get this done.

Had a look in the Handbook to see if I could find which Fuse relates to it but no joy.

Is it possible the Led's have burnt out ?

Regards

Ian.H

Some of the early digital clocks will not work if the bulb has gone. It shines through a kind of template so just try it first.

I don't have any info on 4.1s but this shows you which fuses and the fault finding process for a 4.2 which might help.

Clockfaults.jpg

Thanks for the Info.

If the Bulb has gone is it easy to replace ?

Regrds

Ian.H

Thanks for the Info.

If the Bulb has gone is it easy to replace ?

Regrds

Ian.H

To be honest I don't even know where the clock is on a 4.1 so better ask bothy or one of the other 4.1 owners. I think bothy has converted his clock into a flux capacitor so he can go back in time and let the tyres down on the cop car that got him for speeding but he should know how to get at the bulb.

Cheers

I have a lwb 4.1 rav 4 1996 year, and have just replaced fuse. Firstly the fuse relating to clock also works the following

Clock

Chimes that indicate lights left on, key in ignition etc

Dash warning light for doors not shut correctly etc.

All your interior lights

Rear fog light.

If all of the above do not work as well as your clock then the fuse it is. If some or all work it would suggest the bulb

My toyota handbook showed me which fuse to change. On mine a 1996 uk spec it was fuse 5 i believe.

Delved in to my fuse box and it thoughtfully contained a couple of spares which helped.

Hope this assists, my 1st post i believe but been a watcher for a while now.

I am no mechanic, this is about the most technical thing i have done to it in 4 years of ownership.

Hope this helps

Mark W

Well it worked so that is good enough!

Welcome to the club Mark.

Hi

Haven't looked at the Fuse yet.

The Door Chimes & Door warning light are all working. Might replace the Fuse

just in case.

Failing that still need to know how to change the Bulb ?

Thanks

Ian.H

Yawn...is that the time - far too early to be on here...

Clock - well, mines not worked for years. Then I hit a bump a few days ago and it worked until I turned the engine off, and it hasn't come back on. I guess its a bulb away - I thought it was just the clock that was knackered. however, the bulbs around the heater slides don't work either and I forgot to check these when I had the dashboard out 18 months ago. I'll be taking the dash off again to fit a rollover cage so will wait til then...although me and my son are playing around with LED bulbs and electroluminescent panels for lighting effects so we might muck about with the dash as well.

The dash comes out fairly easily - just a matter of taking nuts and bolts off - if you like, I'll scan and post the instructions. I found it a bit of a footer, but then I'm not as nimble or supple as a few years ago!!!

The RAV number 2 is in the garage still and I can't remember if its clock worked - I've got so used to not having a clock.

I think the radio I fitted has a clock, but the remote control for it flew backwards when I was accelerating a couple of months ago and I can't find the thing now!!!

• 1 month later...
Yawn...is that the time - far too early to be on here...

Clock - well, mines not worked for years. Then I hit a bump a few days ago and it worked until I turned the engine off, and it hasn't come back on. I guess its a bulb away - I thought it was just the clock that was knackered. however, the bulbs around the heater slides don't work either and I forgot to check these when I had the dashboard out 18 months ago. I'll be taking the dash off again to fit a rollover cage so will wait til then...although me and my son are playing around with LED bulbs and electroluminescent panels for lighting effects so we might muck about with the dash as well.

The dash comes out fairly easily - just a matter of taking nuts and bolts off - if you like, I'll scan and post the instructions. I found it a bit of a footer, but then I'm not as nimble or supple as a few years ago!!!

The RAV number 2 is in the garage still and I can't remember if its clock worked - I've got so used to not having a clock.

I think the radio I fitted has a clock, but the remote control for it flew backwards when I was accelerating a couple of months ago and I can't find the thing now!!!

This must be some sort of design flaw, on my old 94 model it would come on every once in a while , I now have a 98 and it comes on even less frequently.

Aha

planned obsolescence ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links