Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is This Bottle For?

pascaloneill

Can anyone please tell me, before i lose my mind! what is the white bottle that is under the Battery on the left hand side of the toyota avensis 01. bottle seems to have been attached some how to the lefthand wing since the wing was damaged I cannot figure out where the bottle goes as it was hangin off or what its used for...it is not the water bottle as this is on the right hand side (steering wheel side)of the engine. I would be glad if someone could tell me how to reattach it and what the function of it is.

Looks the the primary intake air resonator, I think it should be mounted on the intake, before the air filter casing, there is usually also a secondary smaller resonator on the intake air, just after the air filter casing.

Looks the the primary intake air resonator, I think it should be mounted on the intake, before the air filter casing, there is usually also a secondary smaller resonator on the intake air, just after the air filter casing.

Thanks very much, you seem to be the only person in Ireland and England that know what it is!!

Just one other thing, I'm not sure of where exactly is came off, could you explain a little further to where exactly it is mounted and by what means,

is there a pipe that goes down over the large opening on top?

and is there a pipe that goes into the small opening onthe side?

also if I close up the hole where the damage is done on the bottle could i re-use it? I have the piece that broke off it and should be able to re-attach it.

If you cant answer or cant understand this i'm still very thankful!

There's slight difference in it's mounting depending on which engine you have, but basically the pipe leading to the air filter case should have an opening in it which goes over the large opening on top of the resonator.

If you can tell me which engine you have, I might be able to give you more details.

I have VVTI 1.6 petrol, I have a vague idea of where it goes but not exactly sure, i think it is behind front passenger side wheel. but it got damaged when the wing was damaged, a hole was punched in to it, if i seal this would it still operate alrite?

Does it do any damage to drive the car without this being fitted?

There's slight difference in it's mounting depending on which engine you have, but basically the pipe leading to the air filter case should have an opening in it which goes over the large opening on top of the resonator.

If you can tell me which engine you have, I might be able to give you more details.

From memory, I think this resonator box fits under the wing, here is a picture

122853520_o.jpg

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thank for that, If i can repair the hole in it could i still use it? I'm not tryin to do you outta selling me a part!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links