Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Washer Jet From Bonnet

dark andrew

Hi, I need to replace one of my washer jets. I already have the replacement part but does anyone know if there is a special way to remove them without causing damage to the bonnet?

Cheers

Andy.

Hi, I need to replace one of my washer jets. I already have the replacement part but does anyone know if there is a special way to remove them without causing damage to the bonnet?

Cheers

Andy.

hi Andy

I have no idea thanks to mine work properly.

You'd better ask garage

cheers / Igor

To dark andrew,

Not to be funny, but very carefully. Each jet has alittle bit of plastic on either side of jet that moves outwards when jets fitted.

You need a small tip screwdriver to slip between bonnet & jet to push clips into jet housing. A good idea is to have a strong piece of card resting on bonnet

up against jet just in case of a slip.

I live in an area with a high limescale count in the water. Instead of changing jets nearly 2 times a year I bought a BOC gas welder cleaner, it has many different size nozzle cleaners for different size welding nozzles.

A quick clean with this when jets start to block work's everytime.

Can you not squeeze the plastic clips together from the inside then?

On some cars you can, and on others they're not accessible from underneath the bonnet. But if you can do it that way it's much easier than the other option.

Yes you can no problem a tall, but you might have to remove bonnet sound proofing & the 8 clips that hold it in place.

Presuming you have sound proofing fitted. If fitted to this model.

It's just less hassle the other way.

And even easier with BOC welding nozzle cleaner.

So true; if you can do the job without removing anything then that's got to be the best option.

The BOC torch cleaner sounds like a good tip. :thumbsup:

Wasn't sure about access from underneath; sometimes it's just sound proofing in the way, and on some cars it's metalwork.

That said, I've not had a nozzle block on a car for years now; used to happen quite often, but if you're careful about what goes into the washer bottle then the chances of problems are much less. I'd not thought of the limestone issue before, but now you mention it years ago when I lived in an area with hard water I had nozzles block more often. Maybe there's a case for using softened water where possible.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links