Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise When Ticking Over

tiny35

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the knocking noise when ticking over, was wondering if anyone had replaced aircon pump and if this solved the problem.

Cheers

Hi all,

I recently posted that i was getting a rattling noise on tick over, thanks to all who responded.

an update.

i was sure that the noise was coming from the front of the engine (on the left standing at front looking under bonnet), so to test this i removed the belt at the front of the engine, then started it up (i know, only ran it for a few mins), and no noise at all.

i put the belt back on, rattling returns.

am i right in thinking that it is either the power steering pump or the water pump ?

i put a bit of dowling onto the power steering pump and the water pump and the noise seems louder on the power steering pump.

any advice appreciated :-)

--

Paul

Picked up the car from the garage today

:-(

They replaced the tensioner pulley as the bearing had gone, They spun it up with an air tool and you could hear that it wasnt right. (£107 +vat from toyota!)

however, the noise was still there, rattle on tick over.

They have now confirmed that it is the clutch on the aircon pump. once aircon is engaged, noise dissappears. however, part is £650ish +vat from toyota, and they dont do the clutch as a seperate item (typical)

So i got car back, paid £172 and it still has the !Removed! noise !

My question, anyone know where i can get a cheaper aircon pump ?

is there a cheaper solution available?

its for a 53 plate t4d

--

Paul

Air con clutch that is cheep compared to peugeot. I was picking up a 206cc that we sent in for new micro switches on the folding roof. The chap infront of me had a 406 wanted a new air con clutch. Again you cannot just buy the clutch its a whole unit. They was talking in the region of 1k. I'm startin to think are both units made by denso cos they are a big player in car air con units. Ok there biggest share holders are toyota and honda but they do supply PSA (peugoet and citroen)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links