Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quick Shift Kit

cibies

Just wondering where I could get a quick shift kit for a CTS. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Or tte

mike

Quite true, just couldn't remember where from other than TTE! :lol:

get the trd one, the tte one involves butchering your existing housing. the trd one bolts in and easy to fit.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone explain advantages of quick shifter?

How does it make gear change faster?

Is it easier to miss gears with this mod?

Can anyone explain advantages of quick shifter?

How does it make gear change faster?

Is it easier to miss gears with this mod?

I picked mine (TRD) up from nengun. Certainly worked out cheaper at the time.

The advantages of a quick shifter are that they make shifting err quicker really. That's about it. It achieves this by having a shorter arm which means the distance the gear stick needs to travel to engage a gear is smaller and therefore the change is quicker.

The TRD one has the advantage of coming with new mounting bushes too which stiffens up the whole process of changing gear so you get a satisfyingly solid feel when engaging gears which is definitely lacking on the OE shifter.

I had put on mine cts tte quick shifter. now I dont lose rpm like on plain shifter. It always get back on 6500 and so on. I am only unsatisfied with stifness of new shifter. nice filling when you racing, like in real racing car, but in normal drive it is quite hard.

I had put on mine cts tte quick shifter. now I dont lose rpm like on plain shifter. It always get back on 6500 and so on. I am only unsatisfied with stifness of new shifter. nice filling when you racing, like in real racing car, but in normal drive it is quite hard.

my sentiments exactly.. the only down side about changing to a short shifter is that it is alot stiffer than normal regardless of how much oil or greese you add!

c with the short shifter, does it reduce the height of the shifter? its my only concern that i cant cruise with the arm on the armrest changing gear lol

someone on here has had both short shifters, he stated that one reduced the shift a lot more than the other and that one was a lot stiffer than the other, not sure what way round though lol i do remember he kept the one with the more travel of the two as it was easier to change gears (not as stiff) but this is still shorter shift than the origional

TRD one is a brand new housing, dead easy to fit.

TTE one is just the rod, you have to remove your old rod.

I personally think the difference is more in the metal bushings, the stock one is rubber and causes the housing to flap about a lot. The metal bushings are way better!

So I may get quicker shifts but have a constantly stiff knob!

Hmmmm...I will have to think about this as I am too lazy!

Plus like the man said...He likes to cruise with his arm on rest!

Me too...Its very comfy.

I wish I could try one to see what it is like and wether I would get used to it before buying.

Group meeting to have a go with MiniMarc's shift knob??

That sounds so wrong! :lol:

Group meeting to have a go with MiniMarc's shift knob??

That sounds so wrong! :lol:

LMAO. I can see a nice earning opportunity here :D

Like Daz said though, there was someone here who had both shifters installed. I also can't remember who it was but I'm pretty sure they ended up with the TRD one. I believe the reason was because they snapped something whilst trying to fit the TTE one, so they got frustrated and ordered the TRD one which is extremely easy to fit (about 20 minutes if you have no idea what you are doing, and about 10 minutes if you do). I believe they then repaired the TTE shifter and sold it on to try and recoup some of their money.

Now that is not necessarily any indication that the TRD one feels any better to use, just that you are less likely to break anything when installing the TRD one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links