Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Thing To Do

ir803

I will be picking up my 2006 Rav4 XT3 on wednesday. I have a few things I want to do straight away, but I'm open to tips, hints, and downright obvious "well you should definately do this"

1. to start with I'm going to make a hard boot/parcel shelf for security (i often have equiptment in my boot) I may box in behind the seats so there is no access that way, and somehow fit it in to the exsisting holes / support that are moulded into the boot wall.

2. tint the windows. either take a chance and try it myself, or pay but to be honest my budject is beyond blown already by buying the rav :unsure:

3. some trimings to help protect bits like - rubber bumper strips on the wing mirrors and in the sills and on the boot sill.

4. any more bright ideas ?? oh yes - take a picture and post it on here :D

I will be picking up my 2006 Rav4 XT3 on wednesday. I have a few things I want to do straight away, but I'm open to tips, hints, and downright obvious "well you should definately do this"

1. to start with I'm going to make a hard boot/parcel shelf for security (i often have equiptment in my boot) I may box in behind the seats so there is no access that way, and somehow fit it in to the exsisting holes / support that are moulded into the boot wall.We discussed this recently. My personal opinion is that a rigid parcel shelf does nothing to protect the contents of the boot as anyone who has gained access to the car can just tilt the seats forward. I think a metal lockable tool chest inside the boot is a better solution as long as you find some way of attaching it to the floor. The other poroblem is that a rigid shelf would nicely decapitate any rear seat passengers if you get shunted from behind

2. tint the windows. either take a chance and try it myself, or pay but to be honest my budject is beyond blown already by buying the rav :unsure: There's a guy at Stoke who will do a real pro job for about £150. He removes the rear windows to make sure there are no visible cuts. However, I believe if you take your time you could do it yourself. Do it stage by stage removing the trim so that the cuts are not visible.

3. some trimings to help protect bits like - rubber bumper strips on the wing mirrors and in the sills and on the boot sill.It would look a pigs ear on the mirrors IMO. Just don't hit them! We have a parts guy that will send you a rear bumper protector at a discounted rate. I can give you the fitting instructions. Just in case you think of fitting fog lights he also does the genuine kit for about £170 all in (I think). The ones that come off ebay are from outside the eu and are illegal.

You defo need pictures and you could have a ride to Warrington on the 5th of May to compare notes with other ravvers!

On the window tinting, reckon you would have to be very good to get a decent looking DIY tint job - there are the cuts in the right place, making sure there is not a single bubble, rolling it on.

I tried this once on my Celica and spent a whole day on it and in the end just pulled it off again after a week or so - maybe I am just incompetent :D - For £150 I would go for a Pro job :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC-RAV4

1. to start with I'm going to make a hard boot/parcel shelf for security (i often have equiptment in my boot) I may box in behind the seats so there is no access that way, and somehow fit it in to the exsisting holes / support that are moulded into the boot wall.We discussed this recently. My personal opinion is that a rigid parcel shelf does nothing to protect the contents of the boot as anyone who has gained access to the car can just tilt the seats forward. I think a metal lockable tool chest inside the boot is a better solution as long as you find some way of attaching it to the floor. The other poroblem is that a rigid shelf would nicely decapitate any rear seat passengers if you get shunted from behind

2. tint the windows. either take a chance and try it myself, or pay but to be honest my budject is beyond blown already by buying the rav :unsure: There's a guy at Stoke who will do a real pro job for about £150. He removes the rear windows to make sure there are no visible cuts. However, I believe if you take your time you could do it yourself. Do it stage by stage removing the trim so that the cuts are not visible.

3. some trimings to help protect bits like - rubber bumper strips on the wing mirrors and in the sills and on the boot sill.It would look a pigs ear on the mirrors IMO. Just don't hit them! We have a parts guy that will send you a rear bumper protector at a discounted rate. I can give you the fitting instructions. Just in case you think of fitting fog lights he also does the genuine kit for about £170 all in (I think). The ones that come off ebay are from outside the eu and are illegal.

You defo need pictures and you could have a ride to Warrington on the 5th of May to compare notes with other ravvers!

WITHOUT WISHING TO CAUSE PANIC, BUT IS IT NOT THE 3 MAY - SATURDAY - THAT WE MEET AT WARRINGTON??? Or has the English calendar changed to a regional model?

WITHOUT WISHING TO CAUSE PANIC, BUT IS IT NOT THE 3 MAY - SATURDAY - THAT WE MEET AT WARRINGTON??? Or has the English calendar changed to a regional model?

Ooh you are sensitive. Yes my dear Watson, quite rightly spotted that intentional error. 3rd it is then!

What am I going to do on the 5th then? :wacko:

Ooh you are sensitive. Yes my dear Watson, quite rightly spotted that intentional error. 3rd it is then!

What am I going to do on the 5th then? :wacko:

Sober up?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links