Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ever Thought.....? Where Did It Go?

Mc Tavish

Now heres the logic defying bit, said gearbox's are made by JATCO (Japanese Auto Transmission CO ). So the thing is

THE ONLY BLOODY JAPANESE BIT ON THE CAR WAS THE BIT THAT BROKE :blink::blink::blink:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I bet those gearboxes coming off their line were bang-on nominal with respect to their spec everytime and the spec was just plain wrong for the intended purpose :D.

Strange that. Some years ago I remember I may or may not have been in the corner of a vehicle manufacturers design facility, doing my thing and minding my own business. Over in the other corner may or may not have been a group of Japanese engineers having a a heated debate (which I couldn't understand), about a chunk of metal that may or may not have formerly been a gearbox. Well I found it slightly amusing at the time anyway. :D.

To be honest my NF never stranded me, but I think it might have done, if I hadn't have spotted things going adrift reasonably early. In the end, it just wears you down.

WHY even think of putting a T180 engine into a 4.1??? Sacrilege!!!

Nah, almost perfect vehicle.

To be honest my NF never stranded me, but I think it might have done, if I hadn't have spotted things going adrift reasonably early. In the end, it just wears you down.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

One of my scarey "think it might have" moments, a saturday afternoon 5 PM. Having just got off a 4 hour channel island ferry

crossing, sitting in Poole harbour in Dorset with a 450 mile drive in front of me and wondering "did that whine just get louder ?"

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

"did that whine just get louder ?"

Na Dave....It was the Wife moaning at your driving style :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Had one of those LR moments over in Pennsylvania years ago... We all thought..That parachute is not big enough to hold that LR coming out the back of the Hercules.... Took the REME two days to dig the axles out :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

One of the best cars I owned was a MKII Ford Cortina in Gold with Brown vinyl roof and full length sun roof... (Like the one from Back to Mars) loved it.....until the big end shot through the engine and showered my mates car in nice oil B) B) B)

The best car I ever had was a Morris Minor 998cc van. Used it to commute between Glasgow and Berwick. Bought it cheap and dead easy to maintain....and it didn't mind being thrown around corners or going up the banking on the country roads. Rust got the better of it and it was eventually stripped and taken away to scrap. As opposed to the Morris marina estate which was scrap when i bought it and it ran for a year or so before getting rid of it - traded in for a Vauxhall Victor I think.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links