Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warrington Meet

anchorman

Well folks its only next week!

We will be meeting at the Fir Grove Hotel, Warrington on Saturday the 3rd of May. I can confirm there will be at least one RAV 4 XTR supplied by RRG Macclesfield and it will be available for a test drive for anyone who fancies a new motor.

There will also be a number of items of Toyota merchandise to win in a raffle - examples;

IMG_1624.jpg

The proceeds will be going to Active4all this time;

http://www.active4all.info/erracms/pages/?a=1&z=1/

You can see bothy's famous RAV 4 hybrid space shuttle and our celebrity A list guest will be Kingo who is joining us for the afternoon and may bring an additional vehicle.

There is a special rate at the hotel for anyone who wants to stay overnight and have a meal and a noggin (quote TOY03058);

http://www.bw-firgrovehotel.co.uk/

Anchorwoman and Mrs Duncs will be there so gals will not feel left out.

I expect proceedings to start around lunchtime and we need to draw the raffle the same day (for legal reasons) so I propose 5pm.

It would be nice to see a good turn out of Toyotas so try and at least to call in and have a go at the raffle or a drive of the XTR

Cannot make it unfortunately we and the RAV will be in France from tomorrow for May.

Great being retired in'it. :thumbsup:

Indeed Mrs Duncerduncs will be there, she'll be available to show you all her advanced driving skills on 2 wheels.... :lol::lol:

Before I have too many drinks that weekend and forget...

I'd just like to say a big thank you to anchorman for all his hard work in arranging this meet, and hopefully this will be the first of many :thumbsup:

Ye - I'd repeat the thanks - I know how hard it is to get these things together.

All being well, RAV number 1 will be down with its new rear box and free revving engine.

If I get time, I'll get the rear step on (ie if it doesn't rain this week)

Mrs Bothy will be down as well.

We arrive on the Friday evening unless I'm delayed by photo-maniacs.

Ye - I'd repeat the thanks - I know how hard it is to get these things together.

All being well, RAV number 1 will be down with its new rear box and free revving engine.

Bothy, the 10 miles of roadworks and average speed cameras are still in place at the border / end of M74.

Came through them today. Some around the shap as well.

Bothy, the 10 miles of roadworks and average speed cameras are still in place at the border / end of M74.

Came through them today. Some around the shap as well.

Don't worry about Shap, he'll follow the Tornados and Typhoons under the radar.

Don't think I can make it to the meet in person, but can I still buy a raffle ticket?

Don't think I can make it to the meet in person, but can I still buy a raffle ticket?

I'm afraid not. For the raffle to be legal it has to be a "small" raffle and that means not charging more than £1 for a ticket and drawing it on the day (no mail entries) otherwise I have to obtain a license.

If the meet is a success then maybe next time we will meet further south and I don't see why we shouldn't donate any proceeds to Race for Life.

Watch this space!

That's a shame, but rules are rules I guess - I will look forward to a meet 'down south' a bit - I'll PM bothy for a link to active4all :thumbsup:

I'd like to add my thanks to Anchorman for all his hard work in organising this get together. :thumbsup::toast:

And with luck, me and the lad will see you all in the afternoon.

Right, I better get washing and polishing! :lol:

Gratitude to Anchorman for this...Unfortunately I cant make this...Would have loved to come up and show you lot how clean a RAV4 should be and put to shame all you new RAV owners :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget the obligatory rouges gallery and line up mug shots.... :P :P :P :P

I know some of us may be meeting up at the motor show...so maybe we can then see....(no RAV's to show off though) all converge on the Toyota stand.....

We've stumbled on a problem... We don't know which Rav to take!

As Mrs Duncerduncs has brought this...

JanesRav4-1.jpg

We've been searching ages for a 3 door! :yahoo:

As Mrs Duncerduncs has brought this...

JanesRav4-1.jpg

We've been searching ages for a 3 door! :yahoo:

Whoop Whoop another Blue.....Could be mines little brother............ :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Bothy will like it as it's a three door...........

That's a very nice problem to have. :D

A great looking car, your wife has found. I'm sure she's very happy. :yahoo::thumbsup:

That's a shame, but rules are rules I guess - I will look forward to a meet 'down south' a bit - I'll PM bothy for a link to active4all :thumbsup:

The link is at the top (post No1).

See you there Fuj'

By the way, electronics guru shcm is coming up from the Black Country.

Right, I better get washing and polishing! :lol:

You have an unfair advantage Fuj, you only need to travel a few miles so the RAV will still be pristine I've no doubt. :lol: The rest of us will either have the the usual mass murder of insects on the front or lots of wet Staffordshire/Cheshire muck clinging to it. (Long range weather forecast is for a cruddy week, but improving for next weekend. 3 hours is a long time in meteorology though, let alone 6 days). Spent too long cleaning mine yesterday. There's many other things I SHOULD be doing, but you're all going to be soaping and polishing away on the sly aren't you? :lol: So I can't be left out :rolleyes:

Maybe we need to deduct points based on how short a distance you've travelled :lol:. Or maybe an opportunity to make a bit of cash. "Fuj's RAV Wash", signed posted off the Mway with one of those nice brown signs. £50 a go :lol:

It's also occurred to me the real reason Bothy's arriving on the Friday. Claims he never washes RAV No.1. It's to give him time to get it up to concourse standard. Bet he's go a little tent as well to keep it in :lol:..... and to stop that pigeon ****ing on it.

Gratitude to Anchorman for this...Unfortunately I cant make this...Would have loved to come up and show you lot how clean a RAV4 should be and put to shame all you new RAV owners :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shame on new RAV owners? Rol-lacks Chatman. Exhibit A:

DSCF0673.jpg

Now I can definitely see dirt under those wheel arches :lol: (Shiny RAV by the way :thumbsup:). For such a crime you need to wear ribbon of shame (or libbon of shame as they say in Japan) around you forehead and fall on your sword. :yes::lol:

Er, no problem Duncs, bring both :lol:. Yet another crackin' RAV. :thumbsup:

Bothy will like it as it's a three door...........

Looks like petrol as well!

By the way, electronics guru shcm is coming up from the Black Country.

Yes I am, but I promise I won't be bringing Adrian Chiles, Frank Skinner or Lenny Henry - Honest. (Not unless they all happen to be hitching at J10 of the M6 :lol:) or any groaty pudding.

Hey Anchorman - Less of the "guru" please :lol:. We always reckon at work that anybody that calls themselves an expert usually isn't - Former drip under pressure and all that :lol:

You didn't call yourself an expert, I did! ;)

My apologies I will not be with you all on sat, son and girlfriend home for the weekend, and I so wanted to photograph you all. Have lots of fun hope to be there next time Gwil

DSCF0673.jpg

Now I can definitely see dirt under those wheel arches :lol: (Shiny RAV by the way :thumbsup:). For such a crime you need to wear ribbon of shame (or libbon of shame as they say in Japan) around you forehead and fall on your sword. :yes::lol:

Yea yea I know...But the only thing to see the inside of my Wheel arches is either A:) Pigeons that don't get out of the way quickly. B:) Rabbits and other small creatures...C:) Eco Friendly do gooders, and ramblers who think it cool to stand in the middle of a 60mph country lane reading maps....D:) Cyclists taking blind bends in the middle of country road mentioned in C.

There..........my Sword is in it's sheath again..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have an unfair advantage Fuj, you only need to travel a few miles so the RAV will still be pristine I've no doubt. :lol:

I doubt!! :eek:

Maybe we need to deduct points based on how short a distance you've travelled :lol:.

Might be a case of getting there via Southampton........or Rome..............or Beijing. :D :lol:

Or maybe an opportunity to make a bit of cash. "Fuj's RAV Wash", signed posted off the Mway with one of those nice brown signs. £50 a go :lol:

Interesting! :g:

Sorry - been busy all day painting rear end underneath of number 1 - now have hammerite down both arms and hands...car looks a lot better though.

I polished it 10 days ago and I fear the laquer film is starting to come off - unless its a layer of mud????

Yea yea I know...But the only thing to see the inside of my Wheel arches is either A:) Pigeons that don't get out of the way quickly. B:) Rabbits and other small creatures...C:) Eco Friendly do gooders, and ramblers who think it cool to stand in the middle of a 60mph country lane reading maps....D:) Cyclists taking blind bends in the middle of country road mentioned in C.

There..........my Sword is in it's sheath again..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....and possible E:) people making inane comments about the cleanliness of your wheel arches :lol:

....and possible E:) people making inane comments about the cleanliness of your wheel arches :lol:

You could do your best Sleeping Policeman impression next time we meet up and see what the tread depth on the fronts is like....and if unsure I could reverse as well :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: just to be sure....

What time are you planning this bash for?

What time are you planning this bash for?

From lunchtime/early afternoon. Raffle draw at 5pm.

Coming?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links