Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Rationing?

PaulGP

How is this current "crisis" affecting you in your part of the country?

It has been reported that unleaded is up to 129.9 in Scotland & unscrupulus garages are profiteering & long queues are forming at some petrol stations - have any of you noticed this?

I'm down south & filled up this today - it did seem a bit busier than usual for a Sunday morning.

garages my way keep running out, limited to a tenner at one! pure joke considering the price of fuel these days.

with the price of fuel these days, think i'll need to ditch the mr2.

nah... don't think i could live without my convertable B)

There is enough fuel for everyone, people are panicking and filling up when there is no need to, stocking up when there is no need to and this causes shortages which then increase prices.

It’s a typical general public mentality, look what happened to Northern Rock, because the public had no sense and kept calm it caused all the problems we now know about now.

It’s pathetic :censor:

There is enough fuel for everyone, people are panicking and filling up when there is no need to, stocking up when there is no need to and this causes shortages which then increase prices.

It’s a typical general public mentality, look what happened to Northern Rock, because the public had no sense and kept calm it caused all the problems we now know about now.

It’s pathetic :censor:

Damn right !

Like Tommy Lee Jones said on Men In Black..........

' A person is smart, people are stupid panicky idiots '

Petrol is fine here as far as I know. My Dad told me of a couple of stations shutting early and queues there beforehand. No real problems round my way though - certainly not for the last couple of days.

Yeah... I think the Shell station near me is limited to £10 per person.

The supra is getting low... I'll just drive in. Put £10 in... drive out, drive in. Until it's filled. lol.

Doesn't bother me.

It didn't help when the Gov't advice was not to panic buy but instead try to use the car less and take public transport instead :lol:

Paul.

Yeah... I think the Shell station near me is limited to £10 per person.

The supra is getting low... I'll just drive in. Put £10 in... drive out, drive in. Until it's filled. lol.

Doesn't bother me.

A couple of weeks back I was driving to work in the supra as the weather was nice... I only put a tenner in at a time as until its real summer it just sits about...

I found myself filling up daily :wacko:

As for a fuel shortage.... I filled up the Hilux no problems yesterday at Tescos... I got a funny look from the bloke at the checkout though! :toast:

If I remember rightly, the last time some of the garages bumped up prices during a fuel shortage people just boycotted them when things returned to normal causing some of them to go bust.

so.........Remember which ones are doing it, then bury the proks! (sp) ;)

These are times when I grin smugly with my wonderful Aygo..lol :P anyway, for me its no petrol..no work...no problem :lol:

There's no panic buying near me.

In fact i was the only person filling up at the Shell garage this morning!

Plus Shell seem to be sticking at 106.9 whereas other local stations are pushing their prices up, average price near me is 108.9

Unleaded is now £107.9 and diesel £117.9 with us (Asda & Tesco). Yesterday they had run out of diesel by 4pm and unleaded was one pump running!

We live in a place that has two oil refineries, and people still go mental and panic-buy, it's ridiculous!!

I'm doing my 100 miles a week to work on my 120 mpg scooter at the mo, rain or shine AND I beat the queue of cars in! ;)

Well all appears to be 'normal' here too... not seen anything untoward... well apart from £1.12 price tag for 99ron... grrrrr lol

was down south at the weekend.. my Dad was off fishing up in scotland this week, and was told it wasnt a good situ up there so he took some jerry cans with him.. but other than that.. not seen many issues

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links