Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180

eurofighter

Just managed to break my record on how long to keep a car.I was the proud owner of a sr180 for 3 weeks.My previous car was a auris tr 1.6 petrol.My local dealer (rrg) sold me a sr180 brand new model on the 31st march of this year.I returned my car back last friday to the service dept so that they could inspect the cold start problems I have had since owning this car.I had used 2 different garages to source my fuel at this time. When I phoned the garage service dept on the sat morning I was passed over to the service departments foreman.He told me that this car uses the super version of diesel ,ie, Shell v power or bp version the ultimate. He explained that the car uses 5 injectors and will only run correctly on this grade of fuel and that the salesman should have told me that. When I spoke to the sales manager ,he informed me that he didnt know that either,and also he was driving a t180 auris and he was having simalar problems as well. I spoke to toyota themselves and they told me the car should run on normal diesel!! To this end ,I have no problems in accepting the version offered to me by the foreman from the dealers.I should point out that I have purchased 6 cars from this dealer over the last 8 years and hopefully to continue with this garage in the future.The garage took back my sr180 with no complaints .I can only thank them for being so fair. I collected from them a T sprit 1.6 model from them on friday,again a new car. I really wanted to keep the sr180 but was not prepared to drive around trying to find this kind of top fuel.I mainly use either tesco or .my local texaco garage etc. I know it wasnt dirty fuel but simply the grade I was useing. Intresting this power plant fits into the rav 4 and the avensis,also the lexus Is 220d as well methinks. Anyway many thanks to my local rrg dealers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links