Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For Modifications

Distro

Make sure you guys take it easy driving back, they get tail happy on round abouts.. have spun mine a few times!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Distro

• JappyBeast

• T600

• Jimlad

I'm quite sure it's not, my house mate is a really big car enthusiast and grilled the guy today over the phone if it is a lemon, not sure what you mean, but it just means i drove 388 miles for no particular reason.

I'm almost certain i'll be driving it back though, even if i have to go down the expensive insurance route or find a way to borrow some money.

You are gonna love the car tho, they are dead good, had mine nearly 6 years now and never get bored of it!!

Prepare to put alot of fuel in her tho, esp round town!

fuel im not worried about, its just my current situation of not being able to drive it back, just looking at my bank and expected expenses over the next month...

worst comes to worst my house mate drives it back home and i get to look at it through the window :(

Can drive it in October atleast :D

i've only tried online. with Elephant i can insure it for £858 which would be a lump sum (don't have this much right now) however i'm going to ring them early in the morning (not this early :P ) and see about their pay monthly option and see how much it is. If it's reasonable i might pay it, but the more i think about it i'll be better off with my house mate driving it home, since a 189 mile journey isnt the best time to get used to driving an MR2, especially not at night through the Welsh valleys...

This is true but if you take it steady you will be fine, all the pull is over 3k revs so control it. I set up my pay monthly on the internet.. have you tried More Than?

A long drive in her might do you good, I drove mine about 30 miles, I had sweaty pits all the way.. had the roof off tho!

More Than won't even offer me a quote because im not 21 (i am in september though)

So again, im thinking of just waiting to insure it in october, i mean if all goes well i've gotten myself a steal anyway at £800

Three things could happen now,

I'm allowed to sell my car and can pay off the insurance straight away and i dont have to worry about it until next may,

I just get to look at my car on the drive way,

I run getting in serious money hastle paying £95/month on a car im not driving while paying rent for two houses...

Reckon i'll bet on the 2nd since knowing my folks they're just going to say "not a chance"

Would be a good project tho, you can do alot to a car when it is on the driveway, I would get rid of those nasty black tinted indicators, wap some nice rev3 rears on her and get her lowered! Black MR2's are sweet!

What is the interior like?

Mk2's have double din stereos so there are loads of options on ICE too!

Not interested in ICE at the minute, think i'll enjoy the engine for a while :) yeh i agree on the light, they're a deffinate no-go, will be getting some rev3s or something else if i find something that tickles my fancy.

Lowered deffinately! (Any idea how high you need to be to cover big speed bumps?) Found these on eBay good/bad? http://tinyurl.com/5czssd

Interior i'm not sure about, i wouldn't mind leather seats but on a 91 they're likely worn as is the steering wheel, but i plan to replace seat and wheel anyway.

When i'm back in October (not sure if i mentioned this but im working/living in Canada from June 6th - Sept 21st) i'll need to MOT and tax the car, get the insurance sorted and then start the "project" as you put it :P

I'll be coming back with about 2 months solid wages (full-time at $18/hour hopefully or there abouts), the sold punto cash (grand++) and my student loan

So i won't be strapped when im back, its just right now its tight :P Cost me £1040 just to get into canada on a student budget at the end of the year!

Just told my folks and tried to get my named driver policy changed to the MR2 and they said "can't do it just like that, it takes time" which i don't understand because i could insure a car within the hour.

Nevermind, house mate gets to enjoy my car then :(

when are you collecting it?

Saturday is Japfest at Castle Combe (just off the M4 near bath / Bristol) so you could stop of and druel at the other Jap Mr2's there :D i will be there looking for ideas when i buy mine lol.

worth a thought ;)

I wish :D i can't get it insured until October as you can see from my previous posts, i cant get short term insurance cos im too young and i cant afford the start a policy now because im not going to be in the country June->Oct

might it be an idea then to hold of buying a T top until after the summer? then you can get one cheaper as sports cars are generally a bit cheaper in winter months.

might be worth thinking about? then you dont have to worry about keeping it running etc whilst its not in use.

This is true, the prices drop alot when the weather gets bad.

Have you bought it yet?

Insurance is instant when done on the fone, when I collected my MR2 I rang up when I bought it and then drove it back.

As soon as you phone, you're insured.

I done the same when I picked up the Supra. Phoned while sitting in the car, then drove home.

Ok, semi-bad news,

After looking over the car for the common faults, took it for a drive (drove fantastically, love the pull) we spent quite a while checking it over and chatting with the previous owner about the car. Car ran fine on the motorway and on the A5, until the bit before shrewsbury, then things went wrong.

I was being followed by the MR2 with my insured house mate driving it, i didn't check my mirror for about 30 seconds looked up and he'd gone...

*Phone rings* Hey mate, bad news... *ah crap*

Water hose had blown, and we expect its the thermostat that's gone, got it tower back and saved myself a bunch of petrol but there's a new problem

its on the drive now but it's immobilizer is stuck on, the fob on the keyring says "autowatch" on it, rang the prev owner and he said to lock and unlock the car but it's still stuck on, any ideas?

Nevermind, appears the immobilizer has a timer on it, it started first time after i had been for a walk to the shop

No, within 3 seconds of the steam the engine was stopped (was on the inside lane with a hard shoulder)

n508834024_450429_9803.jpg

n508834024_450428_8795.jpg

Your comment about the front lights was spot on, they are utter shiet, they're not even real blacked out, some spray or something has been used. So the original plan of replacing them is still going to apply.

Front headlights are nice, both come up at exactly the same time (was told to check for this) and as in the eBay description the alloys are a bit unsightful if you're close but they're easily refurbed, decided i like these alloys as much as the ones i wanted, so a refurb is going to cost less than new alloys, bonus :)

all-in-all im really impressed, hope you like the pics.

There are 2 of the interior for the benefit of when i've gotten it the way i want (for comparison) and 1 of the engine bay (turns out its an FE). If you want to see them, although there's not much to see, i can upload those too.

No, within 3 seconds of the steam the engine was stopped (was on the inside lane with a hard shoulder)

But where was the temp guage reading when this occured?

Thermalstat is a way easy job and only cost about £7 for the part.

Yeh which isn't a problem, sometime (in the very distant future) i'll fit a new, more powerful engine but until then exhaust and induction will be plenty to keep me entertained

been looking at interior stuff too, i think im going black and red and i'd maybe like some seats like these but in red leather i've not looked much so that's just a first idea and i've got a long time to look around until i'm thinking of buying that kind of thing.

http://funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make...id_product=4470

First thing will be sorting the exterior just so it looks completely clean and then onto the inside, gear and handbrake handles/gators (currently gator isnt pinned on the gear stick) think i'll change various things on the dash, dials etc and i need to get hold of a cheap stereo cos the one in it was bust

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links