Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 Weeks Old And It Sounds Like My Drums Are Stuck On

Wh1teLeopard

Has anyone else heard a deep rumbling on their Aygo that sounds like one of the rear drums are stuck on?

Also does anyone else's Aygo do a big burp kind of noise as the A/C pump comes on... mine does and it looses drive temporarily... belt to tight perhaps?

I'll take it to Toyota if it's not normal

take it in now - we had the same thing, thought the pads had gone but turned out the whole drum had collapsed. horrible grinding noise that suddenly just happened - you're handbrake likely won't work either so careful on hills!

also with the aircon, drop in power is normal and sometimesa clunk (compressor engagin) but it shouldn't be too notceable (but a rapid rapid drop in mpg will be!)

Thanks for the response, I'll take him down tomorrow.

I've had cars with A/C before and I know what you mean by clunk, this is a real belt slip kind of noise. It's not a clunk, and as typical won't do it when anyone else is in the car so people just think you're nuts.

Has anyone else heard a deep rumbling on their Aygo that sounds like one of the rear drums are stuck on?

Also does anyone else's Aygo do a big burp kind of noise as the A/C pump comes on... mine does and it looses drive temporarily... belt to tight perhaps?

I'll take it to Toyota if it's not normal

I don't have a deep rumbling (oo-er missus!), but if I brake gently I get a slight scraping/swooshing noise...just like when the discs are rusty after washing the car. If I brake hard, the brakes are quiet, most odd. :huh:

also with the aircon, drop in power is normal and sometimesa clunk (compressor engagin) but it shouldn't be too notceable (but a rapid rapid drop in mpg will be!)

I can hear an audible clunk when my A/C engages, but I have experienced this with other cars too, my guess is its the a/c drive belt engaging on the engine. I don't notice much change in engine power thou, but there usually is with all cars.

I have always wondered how the A/C connects to an engine, in my Mini it seemed that the faster I went the more effective the air con, whereas with the Ford Puma and the Aygo it just seems to run independently of the actual engines actions.

Ended up forgetting to go to Toyota... typical of me.. hasn't made the noise since but I swear I've lost breaking power...

Also does anyone else have a problem where the clutch pedal gets stuck in the carpet (not the matts the floor carpet)?

serously, take it in - the drums aren't completely sealed so all the bits rolling round in there could have fallen out which is why you won't have the noise. if you leave it you might not be able to get it done under warranty and more importantly you may only have three brakes.

the a/c is belt driven as far as i know so when you switch it on it will put extra drag on the engine hence the drop in power. the engine will compensate and that's why you get the drop and surge. if the belt is too tight it will do it with a squeal or bump. it won't do it for long as it will eventually snap.

ah, another doom and gloom posting, sorry !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links