Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Need Help With Something...a Bit Weird Lol!

UK86_MarK

Hey guys and girls!

Hope your all well...

Well, ill get to the chase...when driving along motorways on windy days or doing Xmph (rather high) i get a very high pitched whistle coming from the drivers side vent area/the dial area...kinda hard to tell really. I have been in contact with good ol Mr T and they have had the car twice trying to recify the problem, however due to them not being able to test above 70mph (which is 100% fair!) is not showing them the problem. I had been told that they could give a visual check of the car as the plastic bit that protects the underside of the engine could be allowing excess air in. I've just been out and looked and it appears that 2/3 of the black plastic bolt/clip things holding it up are missing, could this be my problem?

Also i have noticed several screw holes on the side of where you would fit a strut brace to, with nothing in them?? Planning to seal them soon, as a double check :S

Any imput or experiances would be grately appretiated, as it is very annoying on road trips and embaressing at times too :(

Cheers

Mark :D

P.S: forget turbo, lift rulez!!!!!!! B)

solution would be to stay within the speed limit and not exceed 70mph? therefore solving the problem ?

I do usually, but have been doing alot of track days...(probably should of mentioned that!) this is where i first found the problem!

and doing under 70mph on a track with other cars is REALLY not a good idea :D

Any other suggestions please?

Maybe u shud drive the car with the mechanic in the car so u can drive X MPH so he can hear it? and im pretty sure u shud hav screws where the strut goes :unsure:

Now theres a good idea! :D

Never thought of that!...I got screws where the struct goes, but on the side of that theres two holes, one over the other about 7mm wide.

Always been there, never known what they're for :S

Another silly Question, but how many bolts/clips does everyone have holding the plastic underneath the engine to the car? I have 1 and there seem to be holes for more...maybe ive lost some the last few months and thats what has started the whistling noise?

Thanks Ckman85, keep the good ideas rolling!

Mark :thumbsup:

Now theres a good idea! :D

Never thought of that!...I got screws where the struct goes, but on the side of that theres two holes, one over the other about 7mm wide.

Always been there, never known what they're for :S

Another silly Question, but how many bolts/clips does everyone have holding the plastic underneath the engine to the car? I have 1 and there seem to be holes for more...maybe ive lost some the last few months and thats what has started the whistling noise?

Thanks Ckman85, keep the good ideas rolling!

Mark :thumbsup:

Mate i had a nighmare fitting my tte bumper yesterday nite.. took me like 5 hours and i didnt even get it all done... the amount of screws on the undercarraige is crazy.. ended up lossing half of them or not remembering where they went .

from wat i rem that are at least 10screws at the bottom of the car not including the other 2 on each side of the wing...

shaun

Well, ill get to the chase...when driving along motorways on windy days or doing Xmph (rather high) i get a very high pitched whistle coming from the drivers side vent area/the dial area...kinda hard to tell really.

Does it make a difference if certain vents are open/closed and what direction the airflow is set to e.g. feet, face or screen? Does the heater blower fan speed change the noise? Could just be a dead leaf in the vent and with enough air flow it whistles.

This is going to sound really crazy :wacko: but.....

I had this annoying whistle sound on my CTS but this happened at speeds of 50mph ish, but the strange thing was it only happened while I travelled west.

keep with me :wacko:

it turned out a leaf had got caught in the windscreen wipers and when the car was driving at a particular angle to the wind, and at 50mph ish it was enough for a whistle to be produced. Just like when we (I) was a kid and got a blade of grass stretched between my fingers and blew on it. (sad I know)

weird eh

Thats the weird thing, it make no diffrence if the vents are opened or closed, or if there pointing at feet or foward etc...

Well just got off the phone to Mr T and they've told me that its probably that the undercarrage is not fixed to the car sufficently enough so its letting air through and up. Its booked in to be checked on saturday, and they said if its a couple of screws i need they would sort it and all i need to do is chuck the mechanic a fiver for a couple of beers. But they are also checking all the underneath of the car and seals for that too!

That gentleman, is what you call a result!!! :)

When you fitted the undercarrage back kangzy, on was it quite solid?

Cos mine flaps about abit (because 2/3 screws have gone awol)

Cheers

Mark

I had this annoying whistle sound on my CTS but this happened at speeds of 50mph ish, but the strange thing was it only happened while I travelled west.

You're not alone!! :lol:

I have a whistling noise from the passenger air vent.

But only when travelling North on the M1 not South!! :wacko:

Gonna check all the vents tonight!! :lol:

It does make a diffrence when im going uphill or downhill. It seems to be worse going downhill :blink:

*hums X Files theme tune*

:lol:

• 3 months later...

I am new to this forum, but looking for an answer on this exact issue. I have the same noise at high speeds, although it seems to come more from near the windshield. When I place my hand on the windshield the noise changes pitch. The noise does not occur if it is raining. Any more info about this issue? Thanks for helping a new forum member.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links