Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazon 4.2 50th Aniversary,diesel Smell Inside.

flyer21

Had a smell of diesel in the passenger side footwell,after a few days we noticed a damp patch on the carpet!! yep DIESEL.

Traced the fault to a leaking sensor on the injectior pump,the fuel tracks its way up the loom and then in through the bulkhead and finally stops at the ecu!! managed to sort this out before it damaged it.

I have a friend who works for toyota and he has come across this problem only once before.

Does anyone else no any more news on this problem?

• 2 months later...

It would seem that this is NOT an isolated case/problem!!

Ive just done a service on a 50th aniversary (swiss import) and guess what! It has diesel leaking inside the passenger side footwell,this is tracking up the loom from the timing sensor on the injection pump.These wires terminate at the ecu!!just managed to catch it before the fuel got inside it.

This is the 5th case ive seen in less than 12 months and in my local area,so off to toyata i went,they claim that they have not seen or now about this fault,but the mechanics in their workshops say a very different story.

It appears to be a problem around the 100,000 mile area cant give a range of years but the ones i know about have been between 6 to 8 years old.

If you want to check yours, run your hand under the glove box and look for fuel and also check the injection pump cover for a damp patch around the bottom side,you can remove the cover and you may see some dampness around the loom coming from the pump.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links