Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stupid Virgin Media

Steve

I have had nothing but problems.. i have been offline for 10 days

1. Damage my property by leaving a huge hole then filling it with silicone

2. 10 days with no net access

3. 2 x no shows because some muppet in VM cancelled my appointments and not tell me

4. Lied to me on a few occasions when telling me their was outage in the area

5. Billed me for something that was not finished and does not work

6. Miss Sold me a extra V box for £5 a month then turns out its £9.50 a month

all in 10 days

so in the end i got in to the box on the wall and fixed it myself. That will get up their nose like they did to me.

BT here we come

I might be paying through the nose for my Kingston Communication connection but at least I don't have your problems ;)

I have had nothing but problems.. i have been offline for 10 days

1. Damage my property by leaving a huge hole then filling it with silicone

2. 10 days with no net access

3. 2 x no shows because some muppet in VM cancelled my appointments and not tell me

4. Lied to me on a few occasions when telling me their was outage in the area

5. Billed me for something that was not finished and does not work

6. Miss Sold me a extra V box for £5 a month then turns out its £9.50 a month

all in 10 days

so in the end i got in to the box on the wall and fixed it myself. That will get up their nose like they did to me.

BT here we come

BT are worse... im with them and one time it took them 2weeks to fix our connection when all that had happened was some muppet had taken the wire out of the electrical box down the road .

virgin media were worse when they were NTL ... most people i know have experienced good service with them ... glad you got it sorted in the end :)

I have never had any problems with VM, think I had about 1 days downtime in 2 years.

You might be an isolated case Steve!

it was because they had a 3 way splitter which drained everything. They did some work on the Local VM exchange or maybe added a few more punters which tipped the balance and made the signal really weak.

I had to remove the splitter and put a two way one on which now works. but all other rooms have no connection now.

i wouldnt say it was isolated.. i had a dedicated guy to try and help me out and still he messed up. They messed up all the booking dates too.

i am still waiting for them to fix the job they tried to do a month ago. They are incompetent when it comes to faults. May be ok when its working. No good for me.

I was also mis-sold a V+ box which I did not ask for (it was telewest at the time) wanted to stuff it down their throat.

But now, to be honest I would not be without it. I switched from Sky at the time, as I had trouble with them. That was

two years ago, and if Sky halved their prices I still would not go back. Every other week I get cold calls trying to sell

me a maintnence contract for Sky digital from loads of different companies. Of course I dont have it anymore. Heard

through the grapevine that Sky sell your details to everyone and their granny :censor: :censor: :censor:

if you register your number with the Telephone Preference Service they would have had a slap.

Where i work they were pestered silly with sales calls and faxes... i came along.. registered there number with TPS and within 30 days it all stopped.

if you register your number with the Telephone Preference Service they would have had a slap.

Where i work they were pestered silly with sales calls and faxes... i came along.. registered there number with TPS and within 30 days it all stopped.

Did that Steve and it was quiet for about 6 months, then it started again ?? maybe because I switched from BT to cable ??

Should probably contact them again :thumbsup:

yeah you probably got removed from the list.

all marketers have to check opt out lists from TPS... you'll be suprised how many adhere to it.

if they don't and they are based in the UK they could face a £5000 fine.

Virgin are great - apart from when you have problems or want to upgrade.

Can't fault their actual service ..... apart from when people get involved ;)

Kingston Communication is poo,

cant move to any supplier

router says connection speed is 5MB isntead of 8MB

KC throttles torrent data during the day

I know I shouldnt complain as the company is paying for the broadband and telephone line rental.

I too had some serious issues with Virgin, dodgy connection followed by pretty poor customer service. A friend at work also encountered issues with miss sellling an item at one price for the bill to come through at another. They had a significant amount of 'small print' that they never really mention and you only see once its to late.

We did have Telewest for a good few years and never had any problems.

Now, since they've been taken over and become Virgin Media the Internet has a habit of not responding when it's busy and the only solution is to turn the modem/router off to refresh the signal which takes the mick when you have to do it within 2 minutes of each other sometimes.

We also got one of the V+ boxes which doesn't let you play more than 3 minutes of a recorded programme & if you pause/rewind live TV and then play it, it keeps sticking and the picture goes all kinda fuzzy. We called up once and after a week and two days (yeah yeah I know, it's a long while but my Parents won't ring with me there and as I work full time we kept forgetting) we got a call back to go through a full reboot of the box, which solved it for a day and now it's back to it's usual tricks.

I believe that we are having them come out tomorrow but after reading this can't say I'm too hopeful :unsure:

i had the same problems with virgin for ages, them i moved to sky

i had no broadband for 4 weeks, they kept cancelling my visits, they tries to say i had caused the problem

i had no phoneline for 3 weeks, when i finally managed to get thru to a supervisor coz the general staff were rubbish, he told me that' madam, you should have phoned us when you first experienced the problem' to which my response was 'are you some sort of moron? if i had a phone line to call you i wouldnt have needed to call you coz i wouldnt have had a problem'

they continued to bill me throughout all the faults i had with them with no explanation and no 'we are sorry' rubbish

virgin media sucks!

xx :yes:

I had no problems whatsoever with NTL, then when VM came along it all started going downhill, service outages, slow loading, email issues, then I took up one of their upgrade options and added Setanta, the next month they cut me off, unpaid bill, WTF! I have set up a new DD I say, turns out I needed two DD's and they didnt tell me, one for broadband and one for TV, then when I set up another, I got a bill for unauthorised payment type! Anyway it all got sorted but during the whole sorry saga my broadband got downgraded from 6MB to 2MB, all part of the UPGRADE option I signed for. After much huffing and puffing they re-instated my 6MB package but I was furious at the time, thankfully it is stable for the time being, the 25p per min helpline isnt exactly helpful either

Kingo :thumbsup:

I had no problems whatsoever with NTL, then when VM came along it all started going downhill, service outages, slow loading, email issues, then I took up one of their upgrade options and added Setanta, the next month they cut me off, unpaid bill, WTF! I have set up a new DD I say, turns out I needed two DD's and they didnt tell me, one for broadband and one for TV, then when I set up another, I got a bill for unauthorised payment type! Anyway it all got sorted but during the whole sorry saga my broadband got downgraded from 6MB to 2MB, all part of the UPGRADE option I signed for. After much huffing and puffing they re-instated my 6MB package but I was furious at the time, thankfully it is stable for the time being, the 25p per min helpline isnt exactly helpful either

Yeah my Dad begrudges phoning premium rate numbers and they say that if it is a problem their end then they'll refund the cost of the call?

On the plus side, we never had any problems with the normal cable digital boxes apart from a very very rare freezing of the box, which was cured by unplugging it for 10 secs.

They do refund them on your next bill if it's their fault

I asked to speak to a superviser when I was having trouble and the guy at the other end said "What for?" because you are not able to help me I say, so he put the phone down on me........Blinkin foreign call centre numpty!

The guy who was dealing with my matter disappeared and wont answer my emails or calls because he lied to me.

Engineers all say different things to the problem... messy workmanship

I am having to sign up to mobile broadband as a back up service so i can stay online. Dont trust VM

Aah, the joys of Sky Broadband!

Faster connection then i'm meant to get and they don't enforce my monthly download limit!!

Over a year of fast, free, reliable broadband with no download limits!!

:lol:

I have been with VM previously NTL for over 4 years, currently have a 20 Meg connection and most of the time I get it, its never been below 16 Meg.

So I can post my jokes really fast.................

273832162.png

I have only had a 5 hour break in service and they gave me a days credit so I am more than happy with them B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links