Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kfc Gravy

Corolla_liftback

I did something silly a couple of weeks ago, i was at kfc and had a large pot of gravy, was eating in the car and decided it was a great idea to put the open pot of gravy in the hole where the speedo n revcounter dials are. i picked the pot up clipped it on my indicator stalk and the full pot tipped upside down and went all over the dash, floor steering wheel :angry: lol it was very upsetting. The most anoying part was a lot of gravy has gone down the air vent to the left of the steering wheel and now when i put on the fan or air con theres a foul smell comeing out of it...

was wondering if it is easy to remove the center console part of the dash from the tripometer screen to the cdplayer and clean the inside. A lot of dry gravy has blown out of the vent, is there a filter or something behind the dash it could have seeped into because it still smells bad even though no gravy is visible looking throgh the vent as i have repeatedly poked and turned the fan on and of blowing it out lol.

just wondered what the best thing is to get rid of the smell :(

first of all....you complete dumb@$$! :bangin:

Yer it is, if im thinking what your thinking.

Just take out the ash tray and there are 2 screws behind there.

Then there are 2 screws behind the dials in the middle, either side of the middle 1.

Then the surround of the speedo etc just pulls out, but just a little cuz you need to then disconnect it from the dash.

then you should be able 2 lift the centre out.

Hope this makes sense and is what you were after. If you look in the "how to" section there is a part about changing a head unit which is basically what iv explained with pictures.

Good luck mate.

dont worry it'll be all gravy when you've done :goof:

Why were you just eating a pot of gravy!!?? I'll never understand Northerners and there love of gravy!

Just go with what Korny has said above, it's all fairly easy to take apart and as long as you remember which screws go where, it's easy to fit back together as well. Taking out the top part of the dash (where the heater controls, etc are) gives access to the 2 centre vents so hopefully most of the dirt is here and is easily accessible.

Thanks for your help! i looked at the how to section and its really helpful. I unsrewed it and removed the dash last night and sprayed a load of turtle wax lemon fresh dash cleaner down the plastic vent think, it was caked in crusty gravy! shoved a cloth down and gave it a god scrub and that seems to have cured the problem ;)

nice 1 matey! now be careful next time! or go and sit inside!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links