Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Sure This Is Simple.....

Golfyball

Hi All,

As a newbie here - I think I've looked in al the right places before I ask what is bound to be a dumb question....

I've got a 2000 Mk3, which has been the most fun car I've ever owned. Up until recently it's been very well behaved as well - however, today in the wonderful sunshine something "happened" to the radiator. This caused plenty of steam and a stressed out temp gauge.

Usually I'd be off to the dealer to get it fixed, but I'm really getting fed up of them charging me 50 quid to just walk in the place (at least that's how it feels) - so I figured I'd have a go myself. I've replaced radiators in cars without computers before - so really how difficult can it be ??? (I'm starting to wonder having seen a replacement rad for £175!!) but I feel I need to inspect it before I make any rash judgements or purchases.....

Anyway, I've confidently fallen at the first hurdle, which is "REMOVE TOOL BOX AND LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT

TRIM BOX COVER"

I've sussed out the screws in the tool box, but it's these little plastic clips that I don't want to snap.... :-)

Any help anyone can provide would be great. If the answers here somewhere, I can but appologise for not being able to find it.

Thanks

Stuart (Golfy)

Hi and welcome to the club Stuart :thumbsup:

The clips have a locking peg that you push in when fitting and the only thing I did was to prize the whole thing out and re use them if they didn't break, I bought replacements from MrT without any problem and they don't cost the earth

Les

If you prise it up a little you can sometimes pull the peg up to allow the peg to come out.. if it breaks.. like Les has said.. they aren't expensive to replace.

If you prise it up a little you can sometimes pull the peg up to allow the peg to come out.. if it breaks.. like Les has said.. they aren't expensive to replace.

Thanks guys - I'll give them a gentle coaxing tomorrow and let you know how I get on with the Rad :-(

Might even take pictures if they're likely to be useful to anyone ??

Thanks again

S

A picture record would be great Stu :thumbsup:

We can always use it in the "Hints and tips" section :yes:

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links