Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxygen Sensor

richard.c

Thanks to the info in this forum, I have been able to read out the ECU error code on my Y 2000 Avensis 1.8 7AFE (lean burn petrol) - 120k miles+

Unfortunately it was code 21, and a resistance check on the Oxygen Sensors heater terminal showed it open circuit.

Toyota list, the just the parts price at £289 +Vat - although a local motor factor said they had a universal one at £24 !

Looking at various sites selling sensors, it seems they are all selling units at very similar prices to Toyota saying that this type is needed.

Just wondered if anyone can confirm this either way ? - or know of a direct equivalent of the Toyota sensor but at a much better price.

Also, the car just got through the Mot last month, but since the error code last week, it still seems to run ok and the mpg still around my usual 40.

Does anyone know if it is likely to continue this way or suddenly flake out all together ? - would be good if I could get a few more months out of it - clutch going out as well!

thanks

Richard

Thanks to the info in this forum, I have been able to read out the ECU error code on my Y 2000 Avensis 1.8 7AFE (lean burn petrol) - 120k miles+

Unfortunately it was code 21, and a resistance check on the Oxygen Sensors heater terminal showed it open circuit.

Toyota list, the just the parts price at £289 +Vat - although a local motor factor said they had a universal one at £24 !

Looking at various sites selling sensors, it seems they are all selling units at very similar prices to Toyota saying that this type is needed.

Just wondered if anyone can confirm this either way ? - or know of a direct equivalent of the Toyota sensor but at a much better price.

Also, the car just got through the Mot last month, but since the error code last week, it still seems to run ok and the mpg still around my usual 40.

Does anyone know if it is likely to continue this way or suddenly flake out all together ? - would be good if I could get a few more months out of it - clutch going out as well!

thanks

Richard

I wouldn't buy the universal one if i were you mate.

I put one on a previous motor, and it failed MOT on Lambda reading a couple of months later, so i had to replace it.

See if you can get a decent one from a scrappy... it'll be a whole lot cheaper!

HTH

Martin.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Had the same problem, took a risk and got one from the breakers for £50 very easy to fit, 2 nuts on the exhaust below the exhaust manifold, shouldn't say this been alright ever since.

Spike22

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links