Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.5 D4d Engine Upgrades And Rev Counters

hiluxman

I have an 03 hilux pick up its th 2.5 d4d model and could do with a power chip to improve it pulling power.

the pick up pulls fine but needs to be hammered in 2nd gear to get in to 3rd and i dont like giving the too much hammer as its got to last! (Im pulling 2.5t)

Who or where is the best place for a power chip?

Also is it possible to fit a rev counter to my hi-lux, as i know they are fitted to the twin cabs would the same unit fit in my single cab if i added the cables and whatnot ?

We do a chip kit for all D4D models, details here You can get a TOC discount by registering here on the Lindop websitem once registered you can view special offers on the members page. You can expect an increase in power of 20%. There is no rev counter accessory for your vehicle

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
I have an 03 hilux pick up its th 2.5 d4d model and could do with a power chip to improve it pulling power.

the pick up pulls fine but needs to be hammered in 2nd gear to get in to 3rd and i dont like giving the too much hammer as its got to last! (Im pulling 2.5t)

Who or where is the best place for a power chip?

Also is it possible to fit a rev counter to my hi-lux, as i know they are fitted to the twin cabs would the same unit fit in my single cab if i added the cables and whatnot ?

There are many different upgrades available, the OEM Toyota chip costs £800+ (made by Team Toyota Europe) BUT make sure you get the right one. I just bought one off eBay where the seller promised it would fit all 2.4 d4d's but it doesn't, so I now have to sell it again!. If you buy a Toyota one check with Toyota first to see which one suits your vehicle as I though all pre 2005 2.5 d4d engines were the same, but apparently they are not. Others include the following:

http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/menu.html

Owen developments

Roughtrax

Milner off road

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/truck-leather-and-parts-direct2u92

I will probably go for the Dieseltuning chip which give a 25% increase in BHP (from 102-127 bhp) and a torque increase fron 260Nm to 320Nm. There is a product AND engine warrently with it and only! costs £375 including VAT.

• 7 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links