Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust

The Iceman

Has anyone fitted one of these?

4SS56TORA5.jpg

Aye, ma flymo has wan o them. Used tae have 2 oan the Jaguar as weel afore ah scrapped it.

I had a full stainless exhaust on my prado , had it made from scratch , loved it .

I can't find anything for the rav , where did you find this ?

Is the back box just a muffler and not a cat ?

I had a full stainless exhaust on my prado , had it made from scratch , loved it .

I can't find anything for the rav , where did you find this ?

Is the back box just a muffler and not a cat ?

http://www.formula4.co.uk/products/Product...icle/FB/FP.html

Looks very nice, doesn't it.

I think exhaust makers can do a complete custom S/S system from Cat back for similar money though. just like your Prado

Slightly confused though ....

This one is "Sport-Exhaust Silencer (Twin) Stainless Cobra Rav4 Mk4 5door TOY1288 " for £605

4SS56TORA4L.jpg

This one is "Sport-Exhaust Silencers (Diesel Left and Right) Stainless Cobra Rav4 Mk5 TOY1371 " for £344

4SS56TORA5.jpg

Spot the difference ??

Cheaper one says "NOTE: SUITABLE FOR DIESEL MODELS ONLY" but what is needed for petrol that makes the rear system £260 more? :o

I think they just use generic pictures to give an idea what they look like. That might be the same photo as a number of other makes. I can tell you that a diesel is much quieter than a petrol with the exhaust off so maybe it needs less in the way of baffles/muffling.

I think i will go and see my exhaust man and see what he says about a rav system . I bet it will be a lot less than the price for that box alone , nice as it looks . ;)

Rob - I reckon a few people may be interested in a twin-pipe setup (I am :) ) so maybe find out the bult price :thumbsup:

Hmmm

number 1 is going back to the exhaust guys as the rear sway bar won't fit due to the rear straight thru box - kinda thought that anyway.

We'll stick the bar on then re-do the exhaust so the box is in the middle instead.

Funnily enuf, having heard the RAV turbo running without the exhaust, its not that loud.

The existing system is straight thru, de-cat, and a straight thru 'muffler' at the end which we now know is rubbing against the rear bodywork unnerneath.

Off to Crail this Sunday to see how it does on the quarter mile. After that, we'll re-jig the exhaust and get the rear bar on. The rear end is still proving a bit of a problem so i think we're looking at different springs.

And then.

We can turn the boost up a wee bit more. Think its running around 280 but will need to find a rolling road once the work is done.

4SS56TORA5.jpg

Sure you have read this right, i have formula 4 catalogue and petrol +diesel price is the same£344, a word of caution i ordered a cobra stainless front grille in February, was told delivery would be 8th march, then 26th march, then early April, then 8th may, I am still waiting latest guestimate end of may I will post if it ever arrives, apparently being made in Turkey..Or by a Turkey not sure which :angry::angry:

Or by a Turkey not sure which :angry::angry:

That'd be Dustin - he's looking for a job now he's been booted off Eurovision :bann: (my OH said it made her proud to be Irish...... :ermm: )

Dustin1.jpg

4SS56TORA5.jpg

I've got the Toyota twin exhaust, which looks super from the rear, especially in combination with a neat "skirt" (yes, I am talking about the Rav4!!) but doesn't look too hot from the side, particularly if you are a trifle on the short side... The one you show looks the business

P4290439-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

4SS56TORA5.jpg

The same question really, has anyone fitted one of these, or had something similar made up, or can anyone suggest someone who can? :help:

4SS56TORA5.jpg

The same question really, has anyone fitted one of these, or had something similar made up, or can anyone suggest someone who can? :help:

Hi Cobra do this system with pipe on each corner corner but could not get a straight answer otta them 2 years ago whether you needed to cut into existing exhaust and what impact oem towbar had on installation so left it pity formula 4x4 now in liquidation they could prabably have helped. Know anuva firm near chelmsford importing goodies will check them out and getback.

John

4SS56TORA5.jpgThe same question really, has anyone fitted one of these, or had something similar made up, or can anyone suggest someone who can? :help:

Hi Cobra do this system with pipe on each corner corner but could not get a straight answer otta them 2 years ago whether you needed to cut into existing exhaust and what impact oem towbar had on installation so left it pity formula 4x4 now in liquidation they could prabably have helped. Know anuva firm near chelmsford importing goodies will check them out and getback.

John

Cheers John, don,t know if this is the actual photo of this item for the 4.3 or just a generic picture, it says easy fit, but would think it would involve cutting exhaust and mounting two hangers to the chassis from what i can see.. :unsure:

Stew, that looks very similar to my TTE Twin-Pipe Exhaust (I would guess Cobra would use that as a template for fitting?).

Looking at the Picture of the muffler part, the mounts will probably reuse the existing rubber mounts.

Following comments are based on RAV4.2 experience with TTE Exhaust but hopefully is still valid for RAV4.3.

When it comes to the two pipes, there are no mounts in place and the TTE Exhaust pipes rely on a secure connection to the muffler part to kepe them in place. This did concern me a little, but both pipes are very secure and have not moved a mm since being fitted.

When it comes to the Towbar, there should be no problem as the towbar mechanics are in a very similar position to the step. The muffler part is in exactly same position as the OEM muffler which gets unbolted to make room and the pipes loop round and are nowhere near the towbar 'rod' or the rear step.

Is there not a TTE version of a D4D 4.3 Exhaust you could get a price for?

Stew, that looks very similar to my TTE Twin-Pipe Exhaust (I would guess Cobra would use that as a template for fitting?).

Looking at the Picture of the muffler part, the mounts will probably reuse the existing rubber mounts.

Following comments are based on RAV4.2 experience with TTE Exhaust but hopefully is still valid for RAV4.3.

When it comes to the two pipes, there are no mounts in place and the TTE Exhaust pipes rely on a secure connection to the muffler part to kepe them in place. This did concern me a little, but both pipes are very secure and have not moved a mm since being fitted.

When it comes to the Towbar, there should be no problem as the towbar mechanics are in a very similar position to the step. The muffler part is in exactly same position as the OEM muffler which gets unbolted to make room and the pipes loop round and are nowhere near the towbar 'rod' or the rear step.

Is there not a TTE version of a D4D 4.3 Exhaust you could get a price for?

Hi Hoovie, I have a 12mth old parts price list, TTE silencer£580-71p..TTE rear skirt£308-11p..Too rich for my blood, even if Kingo could get a discount

and i have seen one fitted without the rear skirt,TBH not that impressed :unsure: Sorry if i offend anyone who has one they look great from the rear, but viewed from the side, I am not convinced for £900.. :unsure:

ouch!! £900 is a lot of money. I can see your hesitation.

I reckon half an hour down a proper exhuast centre to chat to a guy there about you are after would be well worth it.

It wasn't a fancy twin-pipe setup, but I got a replacement stainless steel system for my HR-V for less then an official Honda mild steel one.

ouch!! £900 is a lot of money. I can see your hesitation.

I reckon half an hour down a proper exhuast centre to chat to a guy there about you are after would be well worth it.

It wasn't a fancy twin-pipe setup, but I got a replacement stainless steel system for my HR-V for less then an official Honda mild steel one.

I have made some progress on this..

http://www.autostylinguk.co.uk/sportexhaus...71-p-16442.html

They have Quoted £25 on top to fit it although they admit never having done one, i have googled the part No..TOY1371 and it is sold worldwide.409euros direct from cobra, but only for delivery in Germany..$369 in the states..going on Cobras own website it looks a nice piece of kit, Any opinions welcome Please thanks Stew.. :unsure:

I love the Twin exhaust from TTE!!

Is made by Remus, their logo is on it. Only the chrome tips have a TTE logo.

Fits perfect and no problems with original mudflaps and steel rearbar.

Sound is great, not too loud.

31_thumb.JPG

I love the Twin exhaust from TTE!!

Is made by Remus, their logo is on it. Only the chrome tips have a TTE logo.

Fits perfect and no problems with original mudflaps and steel rearbar.

Sound is great, not too loud.

31_thumb.JPG

If i had a 4.2 i wouldnt hesitate yours looks brilliant Dutchrav.. IMO this looks good as well.. :yes:

cobrarav4.jpg

Sorry, slightly off-topic :rolleyes:

Something I think we all know about but worth another read - here. :(

I reckon this guy is spot on ..

"Is it not time that the scrap metal dealers were given some very close scrutiny by the police?

First it was lead from churches, then it was cast iron grates, now it's catalytic convertors. These guys are as bad as the thieves but they always get away with it."

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links