Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Saving & Economising Methods

hexpert

Could you post the number here so we can all call anchorman quickly if we need to :) :)

Only Joking ;) Just PM it to me ..... I don't want to be stuck in a call queue :lol::lol:

Have a good break, Mr AM :thumbsup:

Here's the Anchorman call centre switch.....

untitled3.jpg

Chatman

Is B3 connected to E6 there because that will throw up a snag :P

Thanks chaps. Will be taking it easy but popping in to see my Florida Toyota dealer!!! If there are any train driving vacancies I might leave this flipping island for good!!!

Could you post the number here so we can all call anchorman quickly if we need to :) :)

Only Joking ;) Just PM it to me ..... I don't want to be stuck in a call queue :lol::lol:

untitled3.jpg

Might be better if AM, posted his hotel and room number, or called in at an Internet cafe every couple of days, I'm sure Anchorwoman won't mind :hammer::thumbsup:

Thank you very much Anchorman for a very detailed and complete explaination of the VSC / MOT conflict, greatly appreciated, many thanks :thumbsup::toast:

Have a great holiday, with the $ at rock bottom you might come home with more than the usual souvenirs, when you visit that toyota dealership. :lol::lol:

Enjoy yourself! B) :D

Thanks chaps. Will be taking it easy but popping in to see my Florida Toyota dealer!!! If there are any train driving vacancies I might leave this flipping island for good
YOU can't get away from us that easily AM, we will come and find you on R4W, Have a great hols mate, and enjoy yourselves, B) B)

Happy Hols Anchorman have a well deserved rest and come back to a multitude of unresolved queries :(

If there are any train driving vacancies I might leave this flipping island for good!!!

B) :lol:

Hi

I can't see the items in the first 2 links but I've heard about those magnetising devises before. They alegedly work but I have no experience other than what I've read. I think you would put them on the fuel pipe between the filter and the high pressure fuel pump so you should only need 2. I have worked for many years with vehicle manufacturers and know a bit about the way testing and development departments tick. Nothing is taken for granted and everything is measured. I honestly believe that if these devices worked they would have tested them and fitted them by now. The trouble is you will have to measure very accurately to know if they were worth the cost but if you think it is worth a try??? I don't think I'll bother.

The engine is turbocharged but the item you have described that looks like a radiator lay on the engine is the intercooler. Its job is to cool the pressurised air that the turbo produced (and heated in the process) and thereby increase the density so it becomes more useful in the combustion process. The turbo is the rusty looking giant snail down the back of the engine. It uses exhaust gas to drive a turbine which in turn drives a turbine in the inlet pipe to increase the pressure of the incoming air. It increases the power and efficiency of the engine;

Bio Diesel

You can buy it or you can blend it yourself. The latter is cheapest but it is a very complicated process and it must be declared for tax purposes. Ready made already has the duty on it and is therefor easier but as you say you do have to blend it with diesel and any errors long term could effect engine wear especially valves and injectors. It is worth noting that if you ever run out of diesel and the only thing you can get your hands on is pure vegetable oil you can add it to the tank and it will run on 100% although it will smell like a chip shop (no joke) but it will get you out of trouble and for such short periods will not adversely effect the engine.

All the best.

Hi Anchorman,

the first 2 are basically a unit which fits inside the air filter, the supposedly create a vortex effect, thereby sucking more air into the engine, which apparantly gives greater combustion without using more fuel. Apparantly they are sold under the name Tornado, but at a much higher price than those offered on eBay.

Apperantly the bio-diesel would actually be better for the engine as it provides greater lubrication, and so reduces wear and tear.

In refernce to the fitting of the magnets, you say that you think I would put them on the fuel pipe between the filter and the high pressure fuel pump. Where are these located? I might give them a try and see.

untitled3.jpg

Ye shuid hae seen that afore I tidied it up back in 1976!!

Hi

I can't see the items in the first 2 links but I've heard about those magnetising devises before. They alegedly work but I have no experience other than what I've read. I think you would put them on the fuel pipe between the filter and the high pressure fuel pump so you should only need 2. I have worked for many years with vehicle manufacturers and know a bit about the way testing and development departments tick. Nothing is taken for granted and everything is measured. I honestly believe that if these devices worked they would have tested them and fitted them by now. The trouble is you will have to measure very accurately to know if they were worth the cost but if you think it is worth a try??? I don't think I'll bother.

The engine is turbocharged but the item you have described that looks like a radiator lay on the engine is the intercooler. Its job is to cool the pressurised air that the turbo produced (and heated in the process) and thereby increase the density so it becomes more useful in the combustion process. The turbo is the rusty looking giant snail down the back of the engine. It uses exhaust gas to drive a turbine which in turn drives a turbine in the inlet pipe to increase the pressure of the incoming air. It increases the power and efficiency of the engine;

Bio Diesel

You can buy it or you can blend it yourself. The latter is cheapest but it is a very complicated process and it must be declared for tax purposes. Ready made already has the duty on it and is therefor easier but as you say you do have to blend it with diesel and any errors long term could effect engine wear especially valves and injectors. It is worth noting that if you ever run out of diesel and the only thing you can get your hands on is pure vegetable oil you can add it to the tank and it will run on 100% although it will smell like a chip shop (no joke) but it will get you out of trouble and for such short periods will not adversely effect the engine.

All the best.

Hi Anchorman,

the first 2 are basically a unit which fits inside the air filter, the supposedly create a vortex effect, thereby sucking more air into the engine, which apparantly gives greater combustion without using more fuel. Apparantly they are sold under the name Tornado, but at a much higher price than those offered on eBay.

Apperantly the bio-diesel would actually be better for the engine as it provides greater lubrication, and so reduces wear and tear.

In refernce to the fitting of the magnets, you say that you think I would put them on the fuel pipe between the filter and the high pressure fuel pump. Where are these located? I might give them a try and see.

Let me think - oh yes - you'll find the filter after the tank and before the engine. The pump could be anywhere - in the 4.1 its in the tank. Try the magnet nearest the line to the intake. If in doubt fit more. B)

This is ripped from the Honest John motoring column in the Telegraph:

"eBay gum

I have always shared your scepticism about fuel magnets, but when I found one for sale on eBay I decided it was worth a fiver. I stuck it on to my Toyota Land Cruiser 4.2 turbodiesel and, after 10,000 miles, can report that it hasn't made a shred of difference. I check consumption very carefully, to three significant figures, every time I refuel. It looks as though your cynicism is wholly justified.

C.B., Tiverton

Many thanks for your support."

I don't think Honest John is a fan of DMF's either :rolleyes: Read this weeks full column here.

This is ripped from the Honest John motoring column in the Telegraph:

"eBay gum

I have always shared your scepticism about fuel magnets, but when I found one for sale on eBay I decided it was worth a fiver. I stuck it on to my Toyota Land Cruiser 4.2 turbodiesel and, after 10,000 miles, can report that it hasn't made a shred of difference. I check consumption very carefully, to three significant figures, every time I refuel. It looks as though your cynicism is wholly justified.

C.B., Tiverton

Well pointed out Fuj.

I try to keep an open mind about things, but magnets on fuel lines it is just a con in my opinion. There should be a law against it (if there isn't already).

Magnetohydrodynamics is a fairly complex subject, but for the magnet to have any effect (beneficial or not), the liquid involved would have to have a fairly good conductivity IMHO and petrol/diesel doesn't.

Look at sites selling these things. In one part of the site they claim mag fields are beneficial and in another they try to sell you something to protect you from aledgedly dangerous mobile phone electro-mag emissions. They don't have the first grasp of the physics, but they do have the grasp of conning people.

If you want to give your money away, why not give it to charity? There's more than one representative of various charities on here who will put your money to much better use.

I agree with this chap:

http://www.carbibles.com/fuel_engine_bible_pg3.html

Cheers

A bit of good news.............not! :( :crybaby:

"A litre of unleaded fuel will hit £2, according to the chief executive of the world's largest energy company.

The stark warning was delivered by Alexei Miller, the chief executive of Russia's Gazprom, the supplier of a quarter of Europe's natural gas.

'The price of oil is going to reach a level never seen before,' he said. 'We think it will reach $250 a barrel,' said Miller, who predicted the price would hit that level in 2009.

His comments came just a few days after the oil price registered its largest-ever single-day increase, reaching $139.12 per barrel last week.

Since then it has fallen to around $134 per barrel.

Although Mr Miller's forecast is well ahead of previous market predictions, other major forecasters are anticipating a spike in prices as high as $200 per barrel."

A few more costs to bare.... :crybaby::wacko::blink:

"European Union plans to reduce emissions by forcing car manufacturers to fit low-resistance tyres by 2012 could add £200 to the price of a new car, according to the The Daily Telegraph newspaper.

However, the tyres, which could improve fuel economy and lower the emissions of each new car by an average of 4g/km of carbon dioxide, will reduce motorists' running costs.

This additional cost of buying a new car comes on top of proposed road tax rises, high fuel prices and the additional cost of safety and environmental equipment.

New-car prices are set to rise by an estimated £500-£1000 by 2012, because manufacturers will be forced to fit expensive technology to meet stringent EU emission targets. They have to achieve an average of 120g/km of carbon dioxide across their ranges.

Other systems set to be made mandatory by 2012 are tyre-monitoring systems, which could add up to £100 to the cost of a new car, but save an estimated average of 3g/km of CO2.

Stability control, which could add a further £100 to the cost of new cars, is also set to become mandatory."

A few more costs to bare.... :crybaby::wacko::blink:

"European Union plans to reduce emissions by forcing car manufacturers to fit low-resistance tyres by 2012 could add £200 to the price of a new car, according to the The Daily Telegraph newspaper.

However, the tyres, which could improve fuel economy and lower the emissions of each new car by an average of 4g/km of carbon dioxide, will reduce motorists' running costs.

This additional cost of buying a new car comes on top of proposed road tax rises, high fuel prices and the additional cost of safety and environmental equipment.

New-car prices are set to rise by an estimated £500-£1000 by 2012, because manufacturers will be forced to fit expensive technology to meet stringent EU emission targets. They have to achieve an average of 120g/km of carbon dioxide across their ranges.

Other systems set to be made mandatory by 2012 are tyre-monitoring systems, which could add up to £100 to the cost of a new car, but save an estimated average of 3g/km of CO2.

Stability control, which could add a further £100 to the cost of new cars, is also set to become mandatory."

this could an issue for the likes of jaguar who dont have a single car in the range that is under that , I wonder if we will see loads of mini jags being produced. I have to say making an average across the range is a pretty stupid idea

this could an issue for the likes of jaguar who dont have a single car in the range that is under that , I wonder if we will see loads of mini jags being produced. I have to say making an average across the range is a pretty stupid idea

Not only Jaguar but lots of Italian and German sports car companies are not very happy either, so German and Italian MEP's and the like, are working hard too water this down.

Guess British MEP's are to busy padding out their expenses forms to be bothered campaigning for British workers at Bentley, Rolls Royce etc.. :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links