Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

07 D4-d Dies When Reversing Up An Inclimb

leirpytt

Hi all!

I have a 07 Avensis executive 2.0 D4-D, now with 25000km on the clock, and it's very problematic reversing the car up any inclimb. The driveway, or entrance to my house has a small decrese of 60cm over 7m, with my garage at the end (that is level).

When I park in my garage and try to reverse up the hill, nothings wrong, everything works and the engine delivers all the power nessesary to get me up onto the road. But, if I park in my driveway faceing down and the try to reverse out the car dies on me, time after time.

-it seems that the engine doesn't have enough power to reverse the car out of the driveway. It idles normally and doesn't give any signs of having problems when I start the car, when parked in an angel nose down. I have to rev the engine to 3-4000rpm and then constantly vary preassure on the clutch because the rpm drops rapidly til zero when releasing the cluch. I can floor the accelerator pedal when releasing the cluch and it still stalls, 6-7times every time before I can get it out the driveway. It just seems that all power is lost...

The "funny" thing is that this only accures when the car is parked in a angel with the nose facing down. If I start in my garage, nothings wrong and all is good. Also, if I park in my driveway nose up (so I can drive right out on the road i 1st gear) theres nothing wrong. I can even start in 2nd gear without any problems whatsoever.

My local Toyota garage haven't got the clue what it might be, and the havent been able to replicate the problem at all, but it still happens almost every time at home. Sometimes theres no problems at all, any whitch way I park... This is driving me nuts. Anyone know that this might be or have had same kind of problems?

ask the garage to have your car overnight and park it on the ramps so that one half of the car is off the ground, similar to the angle of the drive at home. then ask them to try and drive it the next day.

matt

I've got a new appointment this tuesday. They will take the car for a day or so, to see if they can find out what the fault may be.

Unlike what I've read here about some UK Toyota garages, my garage is very helpfull, but they still haven't found anything.

What worries me is that I have had several faults with my car that they had never heard of before, that simply hadn't happend to anyone before me (It seemed). I find that very strange, but what can one do. In the 25000km the car has rolled since new it has been in for service/ repair 14times total (smaller problems included) Is this normal? Or maybe I'm whining to much... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links