Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Veg Oil

rob virgo

has anyone tried running there car on this either 100% or mixture.tried a serch but nothing.

cheers

rob v

There is a big difference between bio fuel and veggie/chip oil. Many are running there cars on bio, or a mixture of bio/chip oil. I will give you the advice I always give. Dont do it. The D4D engines run very high pressure pumps and require extreme lubrication because of the fine tolerences. It will work and run, but who knows what the long term will bring? These pumps and injectors are VERY expensive to change, you have been warned :D: Others will be along here shortly to say how good and cheap it is but on any modern car with a high pressure pump, leave it alone

Kingo :thumbsup:

has anyone tried running there car on this either 100% or mixture.tried a serch but nothing.

cheers

rob v

hello

the correct statements of Mr Parts KING are self explained.

Besides -- the DIESEL is special fuel refined for such engines thermal process. Moreover the diesel has cetane number that is important to reach designed power of your engine. Also when you wonna use pure veg oils -- you'll lose both power and injection parts that are assembled as precised.

Even you use bio diesel you lose some power % due to cectane number is less as for this mixure. It's correct all fricting parts both in HP fuel pump and nozzles are to be normally lubricated by diesel. The more veg oil in the diesel the less lubricating properties of this mixure etc.

I deem all is clear

Good luck/Igor

Well with the high cost of diesel I have bben doing a bit of research on the internet.Found this interesting.

Biodiesel, in theory, can go into all diesel engines as the diesel engine itself was designed to run on plant oil. However it is the parts attached to the diesel engine which could potentially cause problems – although the vast majority of diesels on the road are fine running on 100% biodiesel. In reality, the rule of thumb is you can use 100% biodiesel in any diesel built between 1990-2004, but be aware that a one-off fuel filter change will be needed after you first make the transition (and any mix of biodiesel and fossil diesel is OK too). I would recommend that cars built after 2004 should run on a 50% blend not 100%. Be aware too that biodiesel made from waste cooking oil will freeze in winter and so from November to April one should blend that kind of Biodiesel at 50% as well. However, Biodiesel made from a Rapeseed crop (RME) will not freeze and can be used at 100% all year round in the UK. Please note that it is advisable to purchase biodiesel with EN14214 specification, that gives you some guarantee of quality. In short – to be safe, use RME Biodiesel at EN14214 in a car built between 1990 and 2004 and then you can be carbon neutral all year without problems!

In terms of official compatibility, despite the majority of diesel vehicles on the road being fine on 100%, only a handful of companies will officially approve their vehicles for 100% use. The companies that have approved 100% biodiesel are VW, Audi, SEAT and Skoda. They have approved all their cars built between 1996 and 2004 on 100% use of ”RME” Biodiesel (Biodiesel made from Rapeseed) providing it meets the specification DIN41606 (which was later replaced by EN14214). These companies can still provide some brand new cars warranted on 100% biodiesel but one has to request it (best to get the official letter from German Base as some UK agents aren’t fully aware). As these companies have officially approved 100% biodiesel I urge you to use your consumer power to support them in supporting the environmental movement.

I find it hard to believe that German manufacturers are giving the go ahead for 100% biodiesel and Toyota are not.Biodiesel in fact has more lubricant than normal diesel so theoretically should not harm your car.All very confusing.

for us poor motorists.

Also found this which confuses me even more.

http://www.biofueluk.co.uk/page3.html

Be nice to hear from anyone on the forum running a modern d4d on 100% biodiesel.

Hard to believe that the germans produce better cars than Toyota especially as so many components are sourced from major suppliers Bosch Siemens etc.

I think one of major problems is that old chip oil manufactured in your shed cannot be guarenteed for quality, now bio fuel from the pumps is highly regulated and can easily reach the required standard. I think there is a big confusion between bio diesel from the major suppliers, and brewed up veggie oil from your garden shed. There are very many problems with modern diesel engines on the continent (German, Japanese etc) and this all relates to the quality of the fuel which I am reliably informed is far better in the UK

I think one of major problems is that old chip oil manufactured in your shed cannot be guarenteed for quality, now bio fuel from the pumps is highly regulated and can easily reach the required standard. I think there is a big confusion between bio diesel from the major suppliers, and brewed up veggie oil from your garden shed. There are very many problems with modern diesel engines on the continent (German, Japanese etc) and this all relates to the quality of the fuel which I am reliably informed is far better in the UK

This is my point.I think it would be perfectly acceptable to run our Auris d4d on 100% bio diesel.There is as you say a big difference between old chip oil and biodiesel manufactured to a high standard.

Wish Toyota would come out and let us know the official line.

Very tempted to try it and convinced it would be fine but warranty issues leave me reluctant.

This is my point.I think it would be perfectly acceptable to run our Auris d4d on 100% bio diesel.There is as you say a big difference between old chip oil and biodiesel manufactured to a high standard.

Very tempted to try it and convinced it would be fine but warranty issues leave me reluctant.

So the bottom line is,what would happen if I filled my tank with Mazola from the supermarket?

Also if my car did run ok on it,would this be classed as tax evasion?

Thanx

So the bottom line is,what would happen if I filled my tank with Mazola from the supermarket?

Also if my car did run ok on it,would this be classed as tax evasion?

Thanx

If you used a 50-50 mix of mazola and diesel and your car was an older diesel that did not have the new high pressure ecu controlled injection system then it would be o.k.I know a few people who do just that.They do smell just like a chip shop though.As far as being tax evasion not sure but knowing governments joy at relieving us of as much of our hard earned as they can I would not be surprised.

My question still stands though can I run my 07 d4d on 100% kite marked biodiesel?Not veg oil proper biodiesel.

I worked at TGB head office in the product department and the 'official line' is that any D-4D engine can run on a maximum of 5% bio-fuel mix. :thumbsup:

I worked at TGB head office in the product department and the 'official line' is that any D-4D engine can run on a maximum of 5% bio-fuel mix. :thumbsup:

Check my other post out for some info, just updated it.

If Toyota say 5% is ok now, what's gonna change in their cars to make it 100% compatible?! Probably nothing except some deal with some oil company somewhere along the line.

If Toyota say 5% is ok now, what's gonna change in their cars to make it 100% compatible?! Probably nothing except some deal with some oil company somewhere along the line.

Another daft question here from me then. Why use old oil? Isn't supermarket own veggy oil now much cheaper than deisel anyway? Or have I completel missed the point again?

Another daft question here from me then. Why use old oil? Isn't supermarket own veggy oil now much cheaper than deisel anyway? Or have I completel missed the point again?

Yes I think you have.Conentrate on the difference between vegetable oil and biodiesel.A google search or a more detailed look at the thread will provide you with the information you need.However I am still somewhat confused by the conflicting information.

There is another very informative thread on the avensis forum which I am following closely.

Good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links