Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Time Has Come To Choose My Car.

Yarisboy

Jerry, stop it :P

nah definitely going with celica now, more than likely the 5th gen...

pop up headlights woooowooo! :lol: :D :thumbsup::yes:

I don't have enough money to maintain an mr2 right now! :lol: :P

is it true that the 5th gen costs less to insure than the 6th gen?

what sort of mpg do both the gen5 and gen6 return (both 2.0 GT engines) ?

Slighty less i would say but not really much in it. The end of the day the insurance companies look at the power, size of engine, rareity of vehicle, uk or jap. Age of vehicle is the last on the list i think.

Carefully driven i have heard of people getting almost 40mpg! I never drove it for economy though :lol:

Poor thing never knew what life was like out of the red area :D :lol:

Before I bought the Camry I called a few auto-parts stores and talked to a few salesmen. I figured the guys that sell the parts would know which cars have the most problems and which years to watch out for in certon models.

I was told that Mitsubishi car are hard to get parts for and you might have to wait a few days. I'm in the U.S. it might not be that way other places.

Might be worth calling around a few autoparts stores where you live and ask them what they sell a lot of parts for. If it's on the list remove it.

well i'm gonna go test drive both of the celicas possibly as early as this week then i'll know for sure which one i want...

in the long run it might be better spending 3.5-4.5k on a 6thgen... than 1.5-2.5k on a 5thgen... especialy if there's not much in it on the insurance :S

but as i've already said i love both of the shapes for different reasons, my only worry is that if i get a 6th gen first... i'll never want to buy a 5thgen :(

maybe this year i should go 5thgen 2.0, then in a year or two i could go to 6thgen GT4 :thumbsup:

I will be insuring the car 3rd party, because ... well, just try getting a fully comp quote for a 2.0 coupe as a 19 year old with 0ncb :lol:

but my point about getting a cheaper 5th gen (have seen some cracking examples for 1500-1800 quid!) on 3rd party is that I have a lot less to lose than if I have a car worth nearly 5000 quid.

1500 quid is not very much, but 5000 i'd have to take a loan out to cover it should anything happen to the car.

this time next year I will have had 1years ncb, i'll be a little older at 20 and in a much more favourable position to grab the GT4... or who knows what? :!Removed!:

I think it's probably the sensible thing to do... and I can't wait to play with those headlights either :lol:

'up... down!... up.... down!' (in the style of homer simpson... not jenna jameson :P)

Sam

don;t get anything with a V6, -they are rubbish.

????

are u mad? :lol:

v6's are great engines! :thumbsup:

and as for the sound,.....damn fine, if u cant afford a v8!,.....or 10,...or 12 mmmmm

Yeah sounds like you'd be better off getting a gen5. :thumbsup:

456New_wheels_4.jpg

hopefully mine should look now too disimilar to this when it's done :D

mmmm crystal clear indicators, really compliments the colour... the matrix wheels are nice too, not too sure about blue calipers though! :lol:

hehe dave, let's see if I can find one in as good nick as that before you go too green!

that's pretty much a minter with a fair bit of cash thrown at it too... :o

Hi sam

The main thing is to not rush into buying a car. Always look about and never buy the first car that you see. And if you look about and come back to the first car that you first saw then thats the one for you mate.

That picture of the celica if you look around enough you to can get a good example like that mate. Cars like that never belong to boy racers so they would have been look after mate.

Happy shopping mate :thumbsup: I assumed that you got the job :thumbsup:

jerry!!

hehe Jerry, I definitely have a job... the question is which one!!

i'm expecting to hear back tomorrow with offers from 2 different firms, it's comforting to know that u can be rejected from one and still definitely have a job with the other! :lol:

i know it sounds daft but... I feel that when I get this car, that's the point I become a man.. a real man :lol: :D :rolleyes:

u know, paying for a car with ur own money... independance and all the rest of it, I really can't wait!

Another plus is i'll get to meet some of u chaps next year too :thumbsup:

Hi sam

That great mate. Look forward to meeting up with you. In fact stick your name down for this meet which i will be going to mate.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ST&f=29&t=7613&

Hope to see you there :group-cuddles:

jerry!!

ive just clicked why that amazin looking Celica you posted looks way better than mine...

The daft !Removed! number plate on the front is missing!!! man it ruins the front of a car soo much!! Why do we have to have em!!!!???!!!!

mmmm crystal clear indicators, really compliments the colour...

Well matey... i can help you with that one..

I got a pair for my car... :hokus-pokus: and i can pass the details over to ya if ya want...

3arc0007.jpg

just need to get some clear bulbs for them now...if anyone knows where to get clear Amber bulbs.. please drop me a line... :thumbsup:

nice one Fizz :thumbsup:

those clear indicators take years off the car... the oil of olay for celicas :lol:

and yes it looks very nice without the plate!

will know today which job i'm going for... and therefore when I will have the money to get a celica :D:D:D:D

not long now :hokus-pokus:

i know it sounds daft but... I feel that when I get this car, that's the point I become a man.. a real man  :lol:  :D  :rolleyes:

Another plus is i'll get to meet some of u chaps next year too  :thumbsup:

Sam, does this mean next year your resolutions to become Celicaman? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links