Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr

Chris32

HI , ITS IT SEEMS THIS SAT NAV STUFF IS OUT OF HAND IVE HAD NEW CARDS NEW UNITS FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS TO THE PAGE BUT IT STILL CRASHERS AND SAYS NO MAPS FOUND. WE JUST SEEM LIKE WE ARE GETTING STRUNG ALONG BY TOYOTA, BEEN TOLD A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR TRYING TO SOLVE PROPS, TOYOTA ARE ONE OF THE BIGGEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD. I BET IF PEOPLE WERE DYEING BECAUSE OF BRAKE FAILURE IT WOULD BE SORTED TODAY. :angry:

HI , ITS IT SEEMS THIS SAT NAV STUFF IS OUT OF HAND IVE HAD NEW CARDS NEW UNITS FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS TO THE PAGE BUT IT STILL CRASHERS AND SAYS NO MAPS FOUND. WE JUST SEEM LIKE WE ARE GETTING STRUNG ALONG BY TOYOTA, BEEN TOLD A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR TRYING TO SOLVE PROPS, TOYOTA ARE ONE OF THE BIGGEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD. I BET IF PEOPLE WERE DYEING BECAUSE OF BRAKE FAILURE IT WOULD BE SORTED TODAY. :angry:

This thread suggests that a fix will be released end of August, so Toyota are working on it....

Dear All,

I Just got the new application 7.831 when I connected my tomtom Toyota with the TomTom Home (Version 2.2) it is approx 15MB.

As the Software seems now to be available I will go to my dealer and ask for for the SD Card that was announced.

(hopefully with also a new MAP for Western Europe)

Br Thomas

Cheers thomas,just downloaded the new software.Theres a slighty different interface with a few added icons but the main thing is you can now use the map share feature. :thumbsup: About time as well.

Hi,

My SD card recently also became corrupted after 3 weeks of collecting my new Yaris SR.

When I log in on the Tom Tom HOME page it says "please visit your Toyota Dealer for an upgrade of your device" - does this mean that a recall has happened already?!

How can I find out if I have an 'old' Tom Tom?! Or am I being stupid!

Hi,

My SD card recently also became corrupted after 3 weeks of collecting my new Yaris SR.

When I log in on the Tom Tom HOME page it says "please visit your Toyota Dealer for an upgrade of your device" - does this mean that a recall has happened already?!

How can I find out if I have an 'old' Tom Tom?! Or am I being stupid!

Hi,

I picked up my new Yaris SR four weeks ago, and the card corrupted after one week. Took it to Toyota dealership and they said that they could not get another one because an upgrade of the card was due (there is a problem with them worldwide). In the meantime I thought I would make a call to Toyota Customer Relations and they more or less admitted there was a problem with the card and an upgrade was imminent. Friday morning I received a phone call from Toyota UK saying they were sending the upgrade kit to my dealership. So I await with baited breathe!

Your best bet is visit your Toyota Dealership and they will get you the new upgrade kit. Apparently they have to upgrade the stereo as well as providing a new updated SD card. Service manager said he has already done two and it takes about fifteen minutes, but he also said that make sure the Satnav unit is fully charged before he puts the new card in!

Hope that helps.

Hi All

I'm a total newbie to this site, and am a bit of a fraudulent member as i don't actually own a Toyota.... yet.

I recently ordered a Yaris 1.3SR through my work's lease car system (i tested soooooooooo many cars, and eventually fell in LOVE with the Yaris SR). I've chosen it in Decuma Grey with privacy rear glass. ANd did i mention i fell in LOVE with it...?

Anyway, i ordered it the other day, but received an email back from the man in the toyota dealership, to say there was a delay with the order - as the SR hadn't yet been added to the fleet list. Now, it was on the fleet list i was given. but apparently my one was wrong.

I've been told i have to wait for it to be added to the list. then it will be ordered.

I can't help but worry that this recall is the reason it's not on the list. And that it'll never get on there... i'm on such a total panic. i was soooooooo excited about getting the car. I hated every other car i test drove... so i really am desperate for this one.

Does anyone know if this is the reason it hasn't been added to fleet car list? I'm going to keep checking this thread... cos i hope when the sat nav gets sorted... i'll get my car.

I can't wait! x

The new SD cards are available, pre loaded with maps, not sure what supplies will be like if everybody goes into their dealer on the same day :rolleyes:

Firstly you MUST fully charge the unit with the supplied mains charger, then get the larger SD card replaced at your dealer

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi All

I'm a total newbie to this site, and am a bit of a fraudulent member as i don't actually own a Toyota.... yet.

I recently ordered a Yaris 1.3SR through my work's lease car system (i tested soooooooooo many cars, and eventually fell in LOVE with the Yaris SR). I've chosen it in Decuma Grey with privacy rear glass. ANd did i mention i fell in LOVE with it...?

Anyway, i ordered it the other day, but received an email back from the man in the toyota dealership, to say there was a delay with the order - as the SR hadn't yet been added to the fleet list. Now, it was on the fleet list i was given. but apparently my one was wrong.

I've been told i have to wait for it to be added to the list. then it will be ordered.

I can't help but worry that this recall is the reason it's not on the list. And that it'll never get on there... i'm on such a total panic. i was soooooooo excited about getting the car. I hated every other car i test drove... so i really am desperate for this one.

Does anyone know if this is the reason it hasn't been added to fleet car list? I'm going to keep checking this thread... cos i hope when the sat nav gets sorted... i'll get my car.

I can't wait! x

Hi

Don't worry about the Sat-Nav - that will get sorted!! The rest of the car is absolutely brilliant. I've had mine 4 weeks now and can't fault it.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I had my Toyota today at the dealer and the work approx 30 minutes to get the device updated.

TomTom Toyota shows now:

The Version 7.831

Map v720.1802 Western_Europe_1GB

Map Share does work without any issue

I noticed that the map is not recognized if the backup is restored to anothe 2GB card..

BR Thomas

Just tried to turn on my sat nav to do some updating but it will not turn on.Plugged it into the computer through the usb port,green charge light comes on but it will still not turn on.Has anybody else had this problem?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links