Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Warning Light

turks123

Hi guys..

I have what seems like a fault with my picnic.. the ABS light switches off and on at its own pleasure! It doesn't affect the braking in any way, it just comes on all of a sudden and stays on even if the engine is restarted. Does any one else have a similar problem? What could i do to fix it?

Thanks.

Tee.

It doesn't affect the braking in any way,
The only time you will notice it change the braking is if the light is ON and you brake hard, the ABS system will not cut in. This means you are more likely to skid unless you manually pump the brake pedal. ABS is in addition to standard brakes so the brakes should always work even if you don't have the ABS to help.

An ABS light that is on is also an MOT fail.

Main components of the ABS system are the wheel sensors, the hydraulic control block and the computer (ECU) that works out if the ABS should cut in or not. As your fault is intermittent could be something as simple as a loose wire but if it is the hydraulic control or the ECU things start to get pricey to fix.

• 3 months later...
It doesn't affect the braking in any way,
The only time you will notice it change the braking is if the light is ON and you brake hard, the ABS system will not cut in. This means you are more likely to skid unless you manually pump the brake pedal. ABS is in addition to standard brakes so the brakes should always work even if you don't have the ABS to help.

An ABS light that is on is also an MOT fail.

Main components of the ABS system are the wheel sensors, the hydraulic control block and the computer (ECU) that works out if the ABS should cut in or not. As your fault is intermittent could be something as simple as a loose wire but if it is the hydraulic control or the ECU things start to get pricey to fix.

Hi, please help me with my toyota picnic TD 1998

1. to locate ABS sensors, hyd ctrl box and ECU. Urgent as MOT has expired. I need to clear the defects first.

2. Horn not working. what could be the problem.

Thanks anyone who can help.

Kay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links