Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Broken Wing Mirror

reedy

Hi, quite new to the forum, found it to be a wealth of information. I've had my 06 Rav4 XT5 just over a month now, but last weekend it was vandalised and someone has ripped off the drivers side door mirror, it was hanging off by the electric cable. Anyway I've now tapped it back on as best I could but I've been quoted £230 from my local Toyota dealer just for the part, it doesn't include fitting.

Help!! Does anyone know or could give me advise where I would be able to find one any cheaper? The wing mirror is electric and folding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Give Parts-King a PM, he should be able to sort you one out a bit cheaper.

Then either fit it yourself or find a friendly garage to do it for you. :D

There's the option of using some of the breakers websites - eg Parts gateway - in the possibility of picking up one from a write-off. Most of these sites allow you to detail the part then you wait for a response - normally within 48 hours. For this sort of thing, I'd expect to pay 50% of new price so you might be as quick to ask Parts-King. That way you have a new mirror too.

Hi, quite new to the forum, found it to be a wealth of information. I've had my 06 Rav4 XT5 just over a month now, but last weekend it was vandalised and someone has ripped off the drivers side door mirror, it was hanging off by the electric cable. Anyway I've now tapped it back on as best I could but I've been quoted £230 from my local Toyota dealer just for the part, it doesn't include fitting.

Help!! Does anyone know or could give me advise where I would be able to find one any cheaper? The wing mirror is electric and folding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Take a look on eBay...seen a few on there of late...

There's the option of using some of the breakers websites - eg Parts gateway - in the possibility of picking up one from a write-off. Most of these sites allow you to detail the part then you wait for a response - normally within 48 hours. For this sort of thing, I'd expect to pay 50% of new price so you might be as quick to ask Parts-King. That way you have a new mirror too.

£230 as prices go does seem quite reasonable, no doubt VAT is to be added, which will be £40, and I expect the agents will find some way of taking three hours to fit it.

£230 as prices go does seem quite reasonable, no doubt VAT is to be added, which will be £40, and I expect the agents will find some way of taking three hours to fit it.

I have just joined the club don't know if you have a mirror or not but there are a few rav's in breakers yards now and it dosent matter about the colour if you pull the glass very hard keeping it square on the the housing it will un-clip and you will see inside you can un-clip the coloured outer Shell quite easily and clip this onto a second-hand mirror of a different colour there is a breakers yard advertizing a new shape rav on eBay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links