Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Video Request

Paul Gi

If there's anyone with an Aygo that has the Toyota Motorsport Backbox fitted could i ask a favour? Could you possibly make a recording of it (starting it then leaving it to idle for a bit and revving it a bit maybe?) and post it up or even email it to me please?

Wanna know what it sounds like as i've just found out i can still get staff discount at my local garage :D Would prefer to fit genuine toyota bits before i fit aftermarket bits onto it but i would like to know how it sounds before i go divulging into my bank account! lol

Maybe noone has one? as there are probably better parts for a better price????

Maybe noone has one? as there are probably better parts for a better price????

I know there are a couple of members at least that has this on, although who has it is the question... And as for value for money, the only other bolt-on product i know of that's better are the Musketier backbox's however getting in contact with the only UK distributor (Superspeed in Edinburgh) i've now learned a backbox will cost £460 for a single exit backbox and £498 for a duplex backbox...

Makes a TTE Backbox seem like a bargain personally... Hence why i would like a video of an Aygo with the TTE Rear Silencer fitted if possible as i'd rather spend £300 odd on an official part rather than £500 for a backbox with 2 tailpipes on it...

I have the TTE rear silencer fitted to my Aygo. I will try and see if I can get a recording of it at the weekend when my boyfriend is around to assist! :)

I have the TTE rear silencer fitted to my Aygo. I will try and see if I can get a recording of it at the weekend when my boyfriend is around to assist! :)

You are a star Gayle - i would appreciate it very much if you could when you can

Cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...

another bump for this thread

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump for this thread

Surely there's someone with 5 minutes to spare? :(

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like i'll have to save up harder for a Musketier Exhaust then... I've found out it's circa £400 for the TTE unit and even if i get my staff discount it could still hit a silly-ish price so i might just save up for something which i know will sound good...

If someone with an Aygo that does have the TTE backbox and a spare 5 mins with a camera phone - PLEASE could you video your backbox please?

TTE back box is no better that a standard box. Hava a look at the Accessory Installation Manual (AIM) and you will see there is simply an extra bend in the tail pipe to move the exit to the center of the vehicle.

Check out the Peugeot 107 XS tail pipe: It's not much better, but at least you get a twin exit. Being Peugeot, it's likely be to the cheapest.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website...y.php?id=213275

There is also a true perfomance exhaust system on the market originally developed for the C1 cup car...(google time)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just get an aftermarket one. It's a quarter of the price and it sounds better. You can even get a carbon one.

Don't want a carbon one (pointless) or a custom/aftermarket one - would rather get an item designed by the motor manufacturer for the motor manufacturer's product. Complete with OE guarantee on the parts - personally its piece of mind i'm looking for...

• 2 weeks later...

Last bump for this - surely to god there's someone out there with a TTE/TF1 Motorsport Back Box fitted to there Aygo and the ability to record no more than 30 seconds worth of video to know how it sounds?

If someone were to post up a video of this then it would make INVALUABLE contribution to the forum as a Product Knowledge section could even be made listing all the different exhausts available and as such compare sound tests...

5 mins isnt that much to ask surely?

Last bump for this - surely to god there's someone out there with a TTE/TF1 Motorsport Back Box fitted to there Aygo and the ability to record no more than 30 seconds worth of video to know how it sounds?

If someone were to post up a video of this then it would make INVALUABLE contribution to the forum as a Product Knowledge section could even be made listing all the different exhausts available and as such compare sound tests...

5 mins isnt that much to ask surely?

I think you will be doomed unfortunately Paul :(.

Is the Musketier double back box the one on the My107 site with the yellow car which sounds very deep?

I quite like the sound of that one, I am looking for something deep rather than raspy/farty as per Corsa's outside Halfords.

Regards

Andy

I think you will be doomed unfortunately Paul :(.

Is the Musketier double back box the one on the My107 site with the yellow car which sounds very deep?

I quite like the sound of that one, I am looking for something deep rather than raspy/farty as per Corsa's outside Halfords.

Regards

Andy

Yep that's a Musketier one, the one with the quad tailpipes however the only UK distributor i know who sells them, Superspeed in Edinburgh, quoted me £440 for a single, side exit pipe backbox and £498 for a duplex backbox...

I'm not really caring about the sound of it really (that's what my K&N induction kit would be doing - if the kit i need gets released at the end of the month fingers crossed!) because at some point of my ownership i'm gonna get the TTE/TF1 Bodykit for it and want the correct tailpipe design for the rear bumper skirt...

Yes i could have a custom one done up however it'll end up droning like every custom one does and the quality isn't all that good for what your getting (i.e. pay peanuts, get monkeys)

Don't know... a friend told me that mine makes the car sounds like a Subaru WRX STI or a Civic Type-R. He can't decide witch one is it. Either way, I'm happy :)

Also, I use it with the silencer installed so the police won't stop me, and it makes a lot of noise only when I'm over 4000 rpm :D

Another nice thing is that in engine brake, if I'm over 4000 rpm, the sound is awsome.. something like bum bum bum, but slow - warms my heart :D

Yep that's a Musketier one, the one with the quad tailpipes however the only UK distributor i know who sells them, Superspeed in Edinburgh, quoted me £440 for a single, side exit pipe backbox and £498 for a duplex backbox...

Over £400 for a backbox for Aygo?! Whole stainless steel exhaust system for i.e. Astra GSI cost £250-350, and unlike in Aygo they actually increase the power. If you really want something sticking out from under your bumper you rather extend existing backbox with additional tailpipe. That way you achieve same result like with very much overpriced backbox and you will save your money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links