Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2.0 Vvti

Mikeos

Hi new member joined today, in the process of buying a RAV4 2.0VVTI have been reading many reviews all good I must add. Just wanted to get some opinions from current RAV owners on what they think of the 2008 RAV4 how it performs etc. With the new emmissions here in Ireland from July 1st wondering have I done the right thing or am I just going to get stung on Tax etc. Any advice would be great.

Hi new member joined today, in the process of buying a RAV4 2.0VVTI have been reading many reviews all good I must add. Just wanted to get some opinions from current RAV owners on what they think of the 2008 RAV4 how it performs etc. With the new emmissions here in Ireland from July 1st wondering have I done the right thing or am I just going to get stung on Tax etc. Any advice would be great.

As every one knows, I am an avid diesel fan. They are worth the extra as long as it is not a T180, fuel consumption is almost half of what the petrol equivalent is

If you can brew yer own diesel; do more than 20,000 miles a year; enjoy the additional servicing; happy at an engine which runs out of puff at 4,000rpm; and accept the additional complexity of the oil burner, then go for diesel :lol: :lol:

If you enjoy driving and like some sharp accelration to overtake passing gyspy caravans and pedestrians, then go for the VVTi.

I like simplicity so I have 2 RAV4 3 doors, both with turbo engines....the first accelerates like , well on a 1/4 mile standing start, the launch time is 2.044 seconds which I'm told is very fast. The 2nd has been built using the experience gained from the 1st; is a nicer condition; and its transformation is almost complete. Both will do around 21mpg altho the 2nd might get a bit more as I don't intend using it for racing.

For economy and staid motoring, so I can remember how fast petrol is, I have the landrover diesel 2.25 1963 - and I've seen faster tractors. Its oily, smelly, noisy, slow, called Doris for some reason but takes moods like a wumin, is fitted with a high level air intake which I thought was for wading but now realise its for gasping fresh air, has a heater that might work, an engine that overheats, but will run on diesel that I scrape off the road....cos it drops that much oil :lol:

Sure you will have a good time with your RAV!

Don't beat yourself up with trying to second guess government policies, taxation rates, fuel costs, etc., enjoy your car and we hope to see some pictures of it here soon! :thumbsup:

Sure you will have a good time with your RAV!

Don't beat yourself up with trying to second guess government policies, taxation rates, fuel costs, etc., enjoy your car and we hope to see some pictures of it here soon! :thumbsup:

Nice one thanks very much will sure put some on next week when I get it.

Hey another petrol RAV.... is it gonna be a RED one!!!!! :drool:

Ive got one and must admit that if I had known what our favourite ploketian was going to do I might have gone for the diesel... however I dont tend to do long runs in me Rav except when I head up to Bothers neck of the woods thats when it hurts as I have to fill up along the way... whereas BR (before Rav days) my Avensis made it up on a tank...

Also I'm not sure what milage the diesel chaps and chappets get out of a tank, I tend to get around the 250miles per tank - normal driving - and around 300 on the long trip up Noorth...

Eitherway... I am sure you will love it...

Happy Ravvin! :thumbsup:

and welcome to the funny farm :yahoo:

rgds

Rob

B)

PS friendly word of advice... do not mention the car no one wants to talk abooot or the :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: gang will be on your case.... :D

Hey another petrol RAV.... is it gonna be a RED one!!!!! :drool:

Ive got one and must admit that if I had known what our favourite ploketian was going to do I might have gone for the diesel... however I dont tend to do long runs in me Rav except when I head up to Bothers neck of the woods thats when it hurts as I have to fill up along the way... whereas BR (before Rav days) my Avensis made it up on a tank...

Also I'm not sure what milage the diesel chaps and chappets get out of a tank, I tend to get around the 250miles per tank - normal driving - and around 300 on the long trip up Noorth...

Eitherway... I am sure you will love it...

Happy Ravvin! :thumbsup:

and welcome to the funny farm :yahoo:

rgds

Rob

B)

PS friendly word of advice... do not mention the car no one wants to talk abooot or the :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: gang will be on your case.... :D

Hi Rob

It's gonna be a black one!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links