Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Feels Like The Wheels Gonna Fall Off

jennybud

please can anyone help, when driving my 51plate avensis estate it feels like the nearside front wheel is going to fall off, we have changed the tyers, checked the tracking, had the wheels balanced,put on new discs and brake pads and now we have taken out the gear box and had that checked, it's ok, also the drive shaft universal joints and looked at any othr bearings it all seems fine.This happens when under power between 40 and 60, there is no noise at all, and it is not felt through the gear stick or stearing wheel, but the front of the car wobbles and the inside vibrates,it can still be felt at all other speeds but not as bad as between 40 and 60, It is also causeing the oil seals to leak moreso on the nearside. Does anyone have any ideas? cause we are all out.

Get your Fule injectors and spark plugs checked out.

:rolleyes:

Thanks will try that. jenny

Get your Fule injectors and spark plugs checked out.

:rolleyes:

I have a 1.8 avensis,2002. Same problem and ive checked everything, replaced both half shafts too. It feels like the engine mounts are loose or something. The vibration gets really bad from 50 to 60 mph but as soon as you take your foot off the accelarator the vibration completely vanishes, even though your speed does not change. As soon as you touch the accelarator again the vibration is back. Doesnt matter what gear im in, but the harder you press the pedal to the floor, the worse the vibration gets.

Do you still think it might be the plugs and injectors?

I think its gona be fule injectors . Take it to yoour local garage and get them sorted out.

I think its gona be fule injectors . Take it to yoour local garage and get them sorted out.

Thanks mate,

A friend of mine has an avensis too so tomorrow morning im gonna change all the wheels off his car and put them on mine. If the problem is still there then ill have to bring it back to toyota.

(i dont think its the wheels, the vibration is too strong) Anyway, if its the fuel injectors, would i notice this problem on the rev counter? I havn't checked yet but im gonna take the car for a spin now and look at the rev counter while the car is shaking. I appreciate all your help. :thumbsup:

please can anyone help, when driving my 51plate avensis estate it feels like the nearside front wheel is going to fall off, we have changed the tyers, checked the tracking, had the wheels balanced,put on new discs and brake pads and now we have taken out the gear box and had that checked, it's ok, also the drive shaft universal joints and looked at any othr bearings it all seems fine.This happens when under power between 40 and 60, there is no noise at all, and it is not felt through the gear stick or stearing wheel, but the front of the car wobbles and the inside vibrates,it can still be felt at all other speeds but not as bad as between 40 and 60, It is also causeing the oil seals to leak moreso on the nearside. Does anyone have any ideas? cause we are all out.

hello

do not focus on the front wheels.

the RPMs you stated are critical to feel poor injection. -what happens -- each fuel valve "POURs" (but not injects)diesel more than designed at this load -- it means that the burning process in each cylinder (with problemmed nozzle) lasts longer than should be and the same detones the engine resulting its vibration.

remove all injectors and have them changed -- you'll feel the result after :)

good luck/Igor

hello

the RPMs you stated are critical to feel poor injection. -what happens -- each fuel valve "POURs" (but not injects)diesel more than designed at this load -- it means that the burning process in each cylinder (with problemmed nozzle) lasts longer than should be and the same detones the engine resulting its vibration.

good luck/Igor

cheers but iv had 4 injectors replaced and the clutch and the vibration is still there.. starting to wonder now if they replaced them at all..

hello

good luck/Igor

cheers but iv had 4 injectors replaced and the clutch and the vibration is still there.. starting to wonder now if they replaced them at all..

have they given all worn spares out to you after have them changed?

it is a good question

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links