Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help Me Choose

VinnyZ

Today I visited a dealer - he offered me the following 4 deals:

In swiss francs:

A 2008 2.2 Diesel Luna, 136 HP, 900 KM on the clock, SFR 41'000

2008 2.2 Diesel Sol , 136 HP, 0 km on the clock, SFR 40'500

2008 2.0 gasoline, Luna, 2000 KM on clock, SFR 36'000

2008 2.0 Gasoline Terra, 2700 KM on clock, SFR 30'000,-Which

Which would be the best choice?

Will use the car for all the daily errands, but intend to also drive it on weekends on slightly longer trips as well (300, 400 Km in a weekend - Italy, France, here I come).

While the Diesels have better milage, the advantage is reduced by the fact that Diesel is 10% more expensive per liter than Gasoline in Switzerland. Are they more trouble free? Better on the highway?

The alternative is a 2004 Volvo XC90, 80'000 km on the clock, Sfr 33'000,- :o

Aah - just think of those Sfr 5'000,- bills coming in every time somerthing breaks down on that beast...

Anyway, I doubt anyone would recommend me the Volvo, but which of the Rav's should I go for?

Your input is much appreciated.

Hi Vinny and welcome to TOC.

Doubt if you could go wrong with any of those Rav's, its really a personal preference between fuel types.

I could not comment between model types as they are not the same as in UK. Having said that I believe

they are the same as the irish ones, so you need a member called robert6920 to advise. Try sending

him a PM. :thumbsup:

Good luck.

I thoucht you lot just used skiis???

In swiss francs:

A 2008 2.2 Diesel Luna, 136 HP, 900 KM on the clock, SFR 41'000 - 2,800 under list

2008 2.2 Diesel Sol , 136 HP, 0 km on the clock, SFR 40'500 - 5,100 under list

2008 2.0 gasoline, Luna, 2000 KM on clock, SFR 36'000 - 3,800 under list

2008 2.0 Gasoline Terra, 2700 KM on clock, SFR 30'000 - 4,900 under list

The 2.2 Diesel Sol has the best saving as well as having 0 Km on the clock - how come that is 500CHF less then the lower spec Luna? the Luna must have some extras?

The Terra I would not bother with personally - it is missing all the extra airbag protection as well as VSC, IADS, TRC.

Given the location, I personally would want to make sure the car had 4WD if possible - are these all 4WD? (the previous generation Luna was 2WD I think? - at least in Ireland)

Today I visited a dealer - he offered me the following 4 deals:

In swiss francs:

A 2008 2.2 Diesel Luna, 136 HP, 900 KM on the clock, SFR 41'000

2008 2.2 Diesel Sol , 136 HP, 0 km on the clock, SFR 40'500

2008 2.0 gasoline, Luna, 2000 KM on clock, SFR 36'000

2008 2.0 Gasoline Terra, 2700 KM on clock, SFR 30'000,-Which

Which would be the best choice?

Will use the car for all the daily errands, but intend to also drive it on weekends on slightly longer trips as well (300, 400 Km in a weekend - Italy, France, here I come).

While the Diesels have better milage, the advantage is reduced by the fact that Diesel is 10% more expensive per liter than Gasoline in Switzerland. Are they more trouble free? Better on the highway?

The alternative is a 2004 Volvo XC90, 80'000 km on the clock, Sfr 33'000,- :o

Aah - just think of those Sfr 5'000,- bills coming in every time somerthing breaks down on that beast...

Anyway, I doubt anyone would recommend me the Volvo, but which of the Rav's should I go for?

Your input is much appreciated.

VinnyZ what is the price of diesel in Switzerland. You live in a wonderful country I have driven there many times, and once spent a holiday in Griesalp, do you know it. Diesel Ravs are very economic you should obtain about 7 km more per litre than you would with gasoline.

Try to drive both gasoline and diesel before making your choice. The latter pull much better which you might prefer. I agree that you should go for the one with the safety features.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links